Sign in to follow this  
esbw

How long should I wait?????

I want to get some opinions on this:

I've been accepted at one school, and waitlisted at 3 others schools. One school in particular I have been placed #3 on the waitlist and this school also happens to be my absolute top choice.

How long should I wait to see if I will get in off the waitlist?? I don't want to leave it for too long as I will need to look for housing at my accepted school if the waitlist doesn't work out for me.

Thanks for any advice/opinions!

Hi

I would say around August 1 should be the latest. I would not want to be apartment hunting much later. You might end up with crap.

Your #1 is Dal right? Hold out a little longer (your #3, that is pretty good). Dal is my #1 for next year and so I would hold out.....A

I'm a fellow waitlister myself. What schools are you waiting on, if you dont' mind me asking?

Thanks guys. I'm waitlisted fro Dal, UNB and Calgary. But I'm really only considering Dal at this point for a number of reasons (nothing against the other schools).

I'm hoping people will start giving up their seats that they don't want soon!

Jewls, where are you waitlisted?

Who else is waitlisted, and where?

I want to get some opinions on this:

I've been accepted at one school, and waitlisted at 3 others schools. One school in particular I have been placed #3 on the waitlist and this school also happens to be my absolute top choice.

How long should I wait to see if I will get in off the waitlist?? I don't want to leave it for too long as I will need to look for housing at my accepted school if the waitlist doesn't work out for me.

Thanks for any advice/opinions!

I heard a lot of waitlisters can get in around Sept-ish...if peopel dont' pay their deposit or drop-out at the last minute. Sucks I guess.

esbw, which school were you already accepted at? You and I applied to a lot of the same ones... I was accepted at UNB and Dal (planning on going to Dal), and I'm waitlisted at U Vic and U of C. I'm living in Calgary right now, so I can understand why you want a straight answer just for practicality's sake. It isn't easy making living arrangements for Halifax from across the country! But I definitely wouldn't wait longer than August 1st, and for me, I've already started making casual inquiries into accomodations... just tentative plans. Hang in there, it'll work out for the best! :)

P.S. I just noticed you're on The Rock! Are you from there? I lived there til I was 16, so it'll always be home!

esbw

In my opinion you have to determine which of the two factors is more important for you.

Does it mean more to you to get into Dal or to obtain a slightly better housing situation?

If I were in your shoes if getting into Dal was my top choice I would wait as long as I possibily could. There will still be housing available in most cities as late as the middle of August and probably into September. Most university cities have sublets available and leases are always being signed and broken. Therefore you could always sublet for 4 months and then settle into a place in January.

I wouldn't base my decision strictly on housing. Granted I understand that it would be nice for you to know where you are going and that the unknown sucks.

I'm in the same boat. I'm waitlisted for Osgoode (still don't know what number) but I have been accepted to Ottawa, Queens, and UofA. I declined at Queens and UofA. How long should I wait for Osgoode?

If Dal truly is your number one, then hold out. Start making some casual / tentative enquiries into housing just in case - it will make you feel more comfortable about any last minute changes. Also, you can probably live in Fenwick as a last case scenario - you won't be homeless.

Thanks for your advice guys!! I've looked into some tentative accomodations, and I think I have something secured. I called Dal and they said that I could probably get on-campus accomodations even if I don't get in until september. I've set a date of August 20th, and if I haven't heard from them by then I am going to give up on it. I want to be able to get decent accomodations wherever I am. But that's not to say that if they call me september 1st and I haven't signed a lease in another city that I won't jump on the plane to halifax!!!

Dal-grrl: yes, I'm from "the rock" :)