kenny123

Bond Law or Leicester Law?

Ryn

This topic has been archived but remains pinned for your general information. Feel free to start a new topic about all of this if you have further questions. 

Message added by Ryn

It's 2016, and things might change - I'm wondering if Bond and the NCA equivalency (no NCA exam upon return) is still the norm?

According to OLSAS, my GPA is 2.7, so I'm pretty sure there's no way I will get into any Canadian options.

L2? LSAT? Going back to undergrad for two years is far, far better than buying a 100K lottery ticket at Bond.

The NCA should be the least of your concerns. That's not the real hurdle.

Edited by QuincyWagstaff

@kelvinc2

Exhaust all your local options first. If at that point you want to go foreign, just go to England. Its cheaper in cost and closer to Canada. There is no reason for you to go to Bond unless you just want to see what all the hype is about. My opinion is that none of the schools, aside from maybe Oxford and Cambridge, will offer you anything different in terms of job prospects.

L2? LSAT? Going back to undergrad for two years is far, far better than buying a 100K lottery ticket at Bond.

The NCA should be the least of your concerns. That's not the real hurdle.

Nope

@kelvinc2

Exhaust all your local options first. If at that point you want to go foreign, just go to England. Its cheaper in cost and closer to Canada. There is no reason for you to go to Bond unless you just want to see what all the hype is about. My opinion is that none of the schools, aside from maybe Oxford and Cambridge, will offer you anything different in terms of job prospects.

I admittedly definitely have not exhausted all my Canadian options (Actually, I have yet to even take LSAT or seriously look at it yet). Thanks for all the replies. I will do more research. Cheers!

At least do yourself justice and write the LSAT. I never wrote it and had regrets for a while. A good LSAT score can do wonders towards your admission chances. 

• Like 1

I admittedly definitely have not exhausted all my Canadian options (Actually, I have yet to even take LSAT or seriously look at it yet). Thanks for all the replies. I will do more research. Cheers!

At least do yourself justice and write the LSAT. I never wrote it and had regrets for a while. A good LSAT score can do wonders towards your admission chances. 

There's a discussion in another thread about the correlation between LSAT scores and law school grades (LSAT + GPA best predictor, LSAT alone next best ahead of GPA alone).

If someone like Kelvin hasn't even read about the LSAT or done a diagnostic (practice test under exam conditions, to see what their starting at), especially since LSAC provides a free full practice test on their website, then they're really putting the cart before the horse; as you note a good LSAT score might change the options, and in any event shouldn't one at least start with the practice exam which is free and takes only a few hours? Okay, add a few hours to read the LSAC publication about what the LSAT is like and see some sample questions in that, maybe do some prep before your practice exam, but seriously, you could do all this on a Saturday and write the practice exam Sunday afternoon or whatever.

And also in terms of correlation, low GPA plus low LSAT, if one doesn't improve, perhaps revisit one's plans.