Sign in to follow this  
benpear

Chances - 161 LSAT 3.67 L2

I have similar numbers as you, and I was just accepted today.

LSAT 161

cGPA 3.5, last 2 years 3.8

Province: AB

My resume, however, includes two research publications, various research presentations, having worked for both the Government and the Police, numerous research assistant positions, and excellent references. I think that gave me an edge over my mediocre numbers... but it's possible!

Edited by SS624
  • Like 1

LSAT 16

My resume, however, includes two research publications, various research presentations, having worked for both the Government and the Police, numerous research assistant positions, and excellent references. I think that gave me an edge over my mediocre numbers... but it's possible!

lol LSAT?

LSAT 161

That's good to hear, I've got one research publication that was include in my resume so fingers crossed it's enough. Congrats on the acceptance!

lol LSAT?

Oh you know... record low... my personal statement must have blown their minds...

That's good to hear, I've got one research publication that was include in my resume so fingers crossed it's enough. Congrats on the acceptance!

Good luck, too! You will probably be hearing very shortly, since we're within the same range.

Hey just an update. I got an email today saying I've been accepted and I will be getting a letter by the end of the week. Holy fast batman

• Like 1

Hey just an update. I got an email today saying I've been accepted and I will be getting a letter by the end of the week. Holy fast batman

That was quick, congrats! Had they sent you an email saying your application was under review? Or did you just get the acceptance email right away?

Edited by benpear

Just got my LSAT score back today, so figured I'd join in the fun and see what my chances look like.

Here are my stats:

LSAT - 161 (1st write)

GPA - 3.67/4.0 (OLSAS, Last 2) in BSc.

Ontario Resident

Good RLs

Excellent ECs (Faculty journal editor, two years of planning 101 week at uottawa plus a few other positions)

Work experience in health policy at the government (3 years) and hoping to earn a health policy specialization (mentioned in my letter of intent)

Thanks!

I was accepted in Jan 2012 with 3.9/4 (I think that's a 4.1/43) and a 160.

I think you're a good fit for Dal with the health policy stuff. I think you'll get in. 

That was quick, congrats! Had they sent you an email saying your application was under review? Or did you just get the acceptance email right away?

I got an email Wednesday saying that my application was complete and they would review it after they received my lsat score.

I got an email Wednesday saying that my application was complete and they would review it after they received my lsat score.

When did you apply? I haven't heard a word since I sent my application in.

I submitted my application in early February. I started it in December and I think my reference letters were in before I submitted it. Also I had emailed admissions a couple of times to determine what types of references I could use.

Just got this from Rose:

"Your application to Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law is complete and will be reviewed once again after we have an opportunity to review more of the applicant pool.  All final decisions will be made by mid June and letters confirming our decisions will be mailed out at that time."

I expected that to be honest, my stats weren't good enough for auto-acceptance so fingers crossed I hear back in a month or so with good news!

Just got this from Rose:

"Your application to Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law is complete and will be reviewed once again after we have an opportunity to review more of the applicant pool.  All final decisions will be made by mid June and letters confirming our decisions will be mailed out at that time."

I expected that to be honest, my stats weren't good enough for auto-acceptance so fingers crossed I hear back in a month or so with good news!

I think that is just an automated email to inform them they have recieved everything for your file. I did the Demcember LSAT and received that email early-mid January. So maybe not read that much into it.