Sign in to follow this  
snowstormcanuck

waitlist 2013

Waitlisted today

cGPA: 75.2

Highest LSAT: 161

The waiting game was unbearable..and now it continues.

Has anyone in this thread who has been waitlisted, been accepted yet?

Wow those with strong stats do you mind sharing what your ECs are like? Most of you should have no problem getting in somewhere. :)

I'm going to call Windsor on Monday to check this but maybe someone can answer here.

I'm currently completing my fourth year so still have 1 term of final grades to send in. Once I send my final grades in is my application looked at once again? Assuming that these grades ARE taken into consideration, can I move from waitlisted to accepted with the new stats? Or will I still be stuck on the waitlist with perhaps a new position? Or am I SOL and stuck with my spot waiting until I hear a final decision...

Thanks to anyone who can provide some insight.

Again, let me reiterate: rolling admissions! If you're in your 3rd or 4th year and they're waiting for your final grades, if you re-wrote the LSAT in December and they waited for the score, if you had a document missing, etc etc, you're at a disadvantage just because other files have already been looked at and those admissions granted, meaning that, even if someone is super duper competitive there just might not be a spot right now because they have to make sure enough people reject their offer in order for them to send out new ones. In cases where the stats are obviously good enough, and so are the ECs/volunteering (subjective, but you get the point), but that file is waitlisted, this is most likely why. It's not necessarily a sign of the competitiveness of that applicant, it's just the timing. 

I guess I'm not really consoling anybody, but I think it helps to know.

• Like 3

at least i was waitlisted with good company. lets hope that we get accepted post April 15th payment

deadline.

at least i was waitlisted with good company. lets hope that we get accepted post April 15th payment

deadline.

I'll drink to that!

• Like 1

I really don't get Windsor...but in the event that ill be accepted off the waitlist and see you guys in Sept, we can all go for a drink!

• Like 2

I really don't get Windsor...but in the event that ill be accepted off the waitlist and see you guys in Sept, we can all go for a drink!

I have almost identical stats to you and I was accepted to Windsor, so I don't think you'll wait too long :)

• Like 1

Waitlisted today with a 161 highest and ~76% cgpa (too lazy to look up the conversion again) from UBC. Don't care cause I've been accepted elsewhere!

Does it make sense that Windsor might waitlist people they think will accept offers elsewhere? Would this somehow affect their admission stats (eg. percentage of offers accepted)?

• Like 1

Waitlisted today with a 161 highest and ~76% cgpa (too lazy to look up the conversion again) from UBC. Don't care cause I've been accepted elsewhere!

Congrats! Do you mind letting us know where you were accepted. I have the same stats and have only been waitlisted to Windsor...and im holding out for TRU.