Sign in to follow this  
PackerBacker1111

Reffered to Admissions Committee

I was referred for JD yesterday, status for dual was switched to File Complete to be Evaluated.  For what its worth I am from NS, and my last name starts with H

Ontario, last name starts with M...I'm a libra and have brown eyes if that counts

Full disclosure: given the uncertainty everyone has about Windsor adcom criteria, if my eye color makes a differnce I promise to put in contacts!

• Like 1

Did any of you who have been referred write the December LSAT, or are you all earlier writers? 

I wrote the December one, my one and only.

Ok, so there is no rhyme or reason behind the order it seems...I'm in Ontario, start with a V, wrote in December. 

Forgot to say, mine still says inc. too.

Edited by londonsportsguy

first and last name start with A, and application is still incomplete. I think that they first rank applications based on lsat and cgpa scores, and then review them in that order? that's what i've heard law schools do, and i'm assuming windsor would do the same. what does everyone else think?

first and last name start with A, and application is still incomplete. I think that they first rank applications based on lsat and cgpa scores, and then review them in that order? that's what i've heard law schools do, and i'm assuming windsor would do the same. what does everyone else think?

I doubt it because I have a relatively low cgpa and a 160 and I was refered to admissions a while ago. I don't believe it has much to with names in this case, but I feel like I have been refered because I wrote the June 2012 LSAT and am an Ontario applicant.

It seems to me from everything that law schools in general look at those with high GPA and LSAT first and send them offers in the first round. Then, it seems they start looking at those that actually had their files complete and in early (because OLSAS and the schools were stressing that they get done early in order to have a better chance of admission, i.e. rolling admission. I assume Aboriginal applicants (that's me!) are looked at around this time too, because if conditional offers are sent, then the students must make accomodations for Saskatchewan this summer. That's my thoughts atleast. I would put access and mature applicants in with the rest of the general in terms of timeline, just because they don't have a conditional acceptance in the true sense of the word.

I've taken a look at past "referred to admissions" threads and it looks like many people who were referred early (Jan-Feb) were waiting months before a decision was made, some 6-8 weeks, others 3-4 months

I think the whole incomplete business really just has to do with a click of a button. I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Like 1

I called and they said they were swamped with work and the admissions office was just very busy at this time, so not to worry about the incomplete, it is most likely complete they just haven't gotten to all of the applications yet.

but i know it does suck waiting -_- mine hasnt even been updated with my application to the dual JD, so i'll probably have to wait even longer