Sign in to follow this  
ericontario

Uptick in cruel e-mails this year?

So I have a bunch of friends who are now applying to law school for the upcoming year and I feel like they're getting a much higher number of cruel e-mails than I did last year. E-mails with subject lines like "Your application to law school has been"... only for them to open it and see that it ends with "...updated with your new address". Hell one of them just got an e-mail from U of T telling her to apply for residence and she's wondering if that's a good sign. Why the torture?! Where's the compassion?!

Edited by ericontario

So I have a bunch of friends who are now applying to law school for the upcoming year and I feel like they're getting a much higher number of cruel e-mails than I did last year. E-mails with subject lines like "Your application to law school has been"... only for them to open it and see that it ends with "...updated with your new address". Hell one of them just got an e-mail from U of T telling her to apply for residence and she's wondering if that's a good sign. Why the torture?! Where's the compassion?!

LOL i just got that residence email too. and i was JUST thinking whether it's a sign or not.

Really...all these emails are a bad way to play on our emotions. Makes me resent whoever sends them

This is an excellent use of petty power. Beautiful.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure everyone who applied got the uoft residence email, I wouldn't think it a good sign or a bad one

I'm pretty sure everyone who applied got the uoft residence email, I wouldn't think it a good sign or a bad one

Oh i know. I just used my thought process as an example of how on edge I am and how i agree with the OP.

Yeah, I just got that residence e-mail too. There was also the one they sent out at the end of November with the subject: UT Welcome. That was just mean! :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I just got that residence e-mail too. There was also the one they sent out at the end of November with the subject: UT Welcome. That was just mean! :)

Totally agreed about the UT Welcome email. Nearly had a heart attack!

I feel your pain lol...

Doesn't UofT call you if you're accepted? Why would any of you freak out because of an e-mail? 

Well I guess because people who are applying for the first time aren't necessarily aware of that, and also because other schools like Western and Osgoode DO send you an e-mail....

Doesn't UofT call you if you're accepted? Why would any of you freak out because of an e-mail? 

Uoft does normally call but atleast one person was accepted last year by email. I guess email is their way of notifying you that you have been accepted if they can't get in touch with you by phone.

• Like 1

hahahahahaah oh my god I got the residence email too and then I Was like omgggggggggg is this a secret way of knowing im IN then I looked at the acknolwedgement email which stated that I should be expecting a residence email shortly hahahah! sorry to burst your friends bubble!