Sign in to follow this  
Alpopo

Accepted 2013!

YES! IN IN IN! Got the email from Karen this afternoon!

My stats are posted elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure it was my personal statement and softs that made the difference, as my stats were not supremely amazing, and arguably worse than some of those wait-listed thus far. 

Super excited, and likely accepting (~80%, still waiting for Osgoode, which I would also strongly consider) as I'm really interested in Calgary's offerings in environmental and energy law. I also have family in Alberta which would be a nice support network. 

I'm so relieved and thrilled!

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back! 

Congrats dude I know you wanted this one :)

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it was my personal statement and softs that made the difference, as my stats were not supremely amazing, and arguably worse than some of those wait-listed thus far. 

Super excited, and likely accepting (~80%, still waiting for Osgoode, which I would also strongly consider) as I'm really interested in Calgary's offerings in environmental and energy law. I also have family in Alberta which would be a nice support network. 

Congrats!

Got accepted into UofC!

States: Undergrad last 2: 3.6; Grad Studies last 2: 3.8

LSAT: 161

I just sent in my confirmation deposit to UofA today before I got the email...goddamnit!!

• Like 1

Got accepted into UofC!

States: Undergrad last 2: 3.6; Grad Studies last 2: 3.8

LSAT: 161

I just sent in my confirmation deposit to UofA today before I got the email...goddamnit!!

Congrats! Yeah I just recently sent in an acceptance deposit to hold my spot at another school too. Ah well, I'm feeling charitable today ;)

Congrats! Yeah I just recently sent in an acceptance deposit to hold my spot at another school too. Ah well, I'm feeling charitable today ;)

Haha yeah i guess.

I wanted to ask people of this forum but I wanted to hold back to until I got an answer from them.

A week after the deadline I had someone from administration telling me that they didn't have one of my reference letters yet and to tell my reference to email it directly to her. I just thought it was strange because I thought they were pretty strict with their deadlines...I was really curious if this has happened to anyone else applying to them.

Haha yeah i guess.

I wanted to ask people of this forum but I wanted to hold back to until I got an answer from them.

A week after the deadline I had someone from administration telling me that they didn't have one of my reference letters yet and to tell my reference to email it directly to her. I just thought it was strange because I thought they were pretty strict with their deadlines...I was really curious if this has happened to anyone else applying to them.

It happened to me too... which my reference did email to them and everything went complete, I never thought this was a problem.

It happened to me too... which my reference did email to them and everything went complete, I never thought this was a problem.

Oh yeah? Okay.

Yeah I didn't think it was a problem just curious if it happened to anyone else. I just thought that the deadlines were really strict. Glad to know administration is nice that way.

Oh yeah? Okay.

Yeah I didn't think it was a problem just curious if it happened to anyone else. I just thought that the deadlines were really strict. Glad to know administration is nice that way.

Actually--i can't vouch on that anymore, just found out online that I was dinged. Good luck to you though as I'm sure it wasn't due to this minor glitch.

Edited by aater0804

Actually--i can't vouch on that anymore, just found that online that I was dinged. Good luck to you though as I'm sure it wasn't due to this minor glitch.

Ah damn, sorry to hear that aater0804.

Did you apply anywhere else? Best of luck.

UofC's holistic process can be very unpredictable.

Ah damn, sorry to hear that aater0804.

Did you apply anywhere else? Best of luck.

UofC's holistic process can be very unpredictable.

A few more "holistic" and index schools, all I hope for is one.

I guess the "holistic" process is unpredictable. Unless it was due to my deplorable cGPA. We'll see. Best of luck everyone else. 

Edited by aater0804

I just got in this afternoon too!

3.6-3.7 and an LSAT in the low 160s.

I feel like it was definitely my softs that made the difference. I also wrote a really U of C centered PS, which probably added a fair bit of weight to my application. 

I can't believe this! I feel SO relieved. I never thought I'd actually gain admission!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

• Like 4

In as of yesterday, but the email attachment was dated the 4th.
167 LSAT and a 3.4/3.5 B2 with decent softs and a good PS.

:D

Edited by Anni
  • Like 1

Phoooeeeeeeeniiiiiix! Awesome news. We all knew you'd get in. It will be a pleasure to meet you if you choose to accept.

Congrats to everyone else who posted today.

• Like 1

Congratulations Phoenix!

Honestly, Alberta. I don't think I can spend seven years on one campus. 

This is exactly my reasoning for going to UofC after having done my undergrad at UofA.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they take longer to review out-of-province applicants? My stats are L2/B2 of 3.61, with LSATs of 162 and 169. The online student centre shows my application as Complete, but at this point i have not heard anything. Anyone know why this may be, I only ask because the recent acceptances seem to have stats slightly lower than mine.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they just review them in the order they received them, and U of C certainly doesn't discriminate against out-of-province students. Also, lots of people have been waitlisted or rejected with stats that are higher than mine (I've already been accepted), so they definitely take your ECs and personal statements into account.