Sign in to follow this  
BruinsFan82

So...did I get in?

I received the email this afternoon and it was addressed "Dear <first name>", blah blah blah. I received another email 10 minutes later apologizing for the technical error, but I'm not sure if the error was that they didn't enter in my name properly, or if that I wasn't supposed to get an acceptance email at all! Anyone in the same boat? Is it safe for me to celebrate?! I'm dying over here!

I'm in the same boat...but I feel like if the error was the actual offer, the email would be far more grim...the tone was quite happy and positive....I dunno though aaha

I'm pretty sure the offer itself  was not the error. I think it's referring to the Dear "insert name here" part of the email.

Same thing with me... However, my index score is a little lower compared to what others were saying they had - 72.7. 

You must be calculating wrong.  There's no way the index dropped from 77.5 to 72.7 this year.

WOOPS - 77.2 :P

Did you convert your grades to U of M scale and do the drops? That may be it, or you could have very well been admitted with 77.2. 

Did you convert your grades to U of M scale and do the drops? That may be it, or you could have very well been admitted with 77.2. 

Actual number from UM - emailed to get it. 

yes the error is about the name thing if you got the first one you're in

For shizzle?

I just spoke to Marie on the phone. Those that did receive an admission email DID GET IN! The 'technical' email was in regards to the <<first_name>> part. :) Congrats everyone!