Sign in to follow this  
robsonhall36

Accepted 2013

Index score is 79, still no offer

Hopefully they received my transcripts on time

I received the email this afternoon. Self-calculated index of 77.5.

Did anyone else get the "error" email after? I'm not sure if the error was that they wrote "dear <first name>", or if they even sent me the email in the first place. I want to celebrate but I'm worried that I didn't actually get in! I replied to Marie's email, but I'm assuming she won't be back in the office until tomorrow.

Yes I got the error email too - I'm positive it's about the Dear error. The second email was quite clear that we're still accepted.

That's what I think too! I just don't want to call everyone I know only to be told tomorrow that the whole message was an error. Oh well - I've been waiting months already, what's another day! Thanks for the reply!

That's what I think too! I just don't want to call everyone I know only to be told tomorrow that the whole message was an error. Oh well - I've been waiting months already, what's another day! Thanks for the reply!

The second email was lighthearted And I'm pretty sure they didn't make a huge error in accidentally sending acceptances to people in their first cycle.

Hopefully this reassures you, even though you're a bruins fan. Marchand sucks btw

• Like 2

In as well! LSAT 160, not sure what exact GPA is w/ drops but I think around 3.9/4.5

I got the error email as well and was nervous I was accidentally accepted, but feel better now!

Received the email this afternoon. Can't remember what my adjusted GPA would be, but my LSAT is 166 and I remember calculating my index to being ~81 or 82. Will not be accepting as I have already received an offer elsewhere.

any mention of the index cutoff this year?

Edited by meager

in, won't be accepting

yes the error email was talking about her leaving name instead of your actual name dont worry people

• Like 1

I'm going to call tomorrow. Still seems too uncertain to let my Granny know...

• Like 1

any mention of the index cutoff this year?

There was no mention of the index cut-off in the e-mail sent out, no.  However, given that there are some self-calculated 76.x's out there, it's possible that it may be at about the same level that (or lower than) it was last year.

I just spoke to Marie on the phone. Those that did receive an admission email DID GET IN! The 'technical' email was in regards to the <<first_name>> part. :) Congrats everyone! 

• Like 2

its a strange feeling knowing that I could not get into any other law schools in the country yet can somehow receive early admissions from the only one who would accept me.

• Like 2

its a strange feeling knowing that I could not get into any other law schools in the country yet can somehow receive early admissions from the only one who would accept me.

hahaha that is kinda funny, I feel the same way...

Hi there,

long time lurker. I wasn't planning on registering an account at LS except that I wanted to share this little topical anecdote. I had self calculated my index score at 77.2 so I was surprised that I didn't receive an offer from U of M, considering per this thread there were a few offers made to people with lower scores. So a couple of hours ago I emailed Marie and, much to my surprise, U of M had calculated my index score as only 76.61. Upon futher investigation (thanks to both Jody and Marie), the discrepancy arose because my graduate marks weren't incorporated into the calculation. They fixed the problem and told me that I should be sent an offer tomorrow.

So if anyone else is a bit perplexed as to why they haven't been accepted despite having a score that exceeds the threshold, you might be in the same boat. Doesn't hurt to fire off an email or two. Both Marie and Jody were more than happy to take a second look. 

• Like 2

That's a bit surprising, as from what I've been able to tell, Manitoba isn't the easiest law school of them all, admissions-wise... places like UNB, TRU, Windsor, Saskatchewan (albeit somewhat unpredictably) and Calgary seem as though they'd be easier to get into, judging by the stats.  Presumably Lakehead won't be all that difficult, either, but... that, I suppose, remains to be seen.

Even with the U of A, the GPA/LSAT stats looked pretty close when I last compared them to Robson.

manitoba is certainly on the easier side for admissions if you're comparing it to calgary/alberta/sask