Sign in to follow this  
vegso

Accepted 2013

Was accepted on the 11th as well. B2 3.3, 167 LSAT - been working full-time for the last two and a half years after undergrad and had some decent EC's.

PS They are inviting to a meeting with the dean on Jan 19th for those accepting, though it's too far for me to make it.

Will likely decline if I get accepted into an Ontario school.

Best of luck to all!

It looks as though there was another wave mid February last year. Perhaps this year will be similar.

I was accepted in December with the initial bunch and just declined as the deadline to accept was Jan 31.  I would guess more offers will go out soon, good luck!

Edited by zebra9

Are we thinking offers might start rolling next week, considering the deadline for first rounders just expired?

The Saskatchewan cycle seems to change a little bit each year. It's tough to predict.

I just got an email with the subject titled as College of Law Decision. A PDF attached to the email says I'm offered a spot :) First acceptance what a relief!

Edited by ijung

I just got an email with the subject titled as College of Law Decision. A PDF attached to the email says I'm offered a spot :) First acceptance what a relief!

Congrats! If you don't mind saying, what were your stats and do you have a Sask connection?

Thanks! 3.53 CGPA at my undergrad university (3.49 OLSAS) and 162 highest LSAT. I have pretty strong work and volunteer experience that probably made the difference though. Still can't believe it :) 

edit: also no Sask connections

Edited by ijung

Just got the acceptance email too. First acceptance, so relieved!

CGPA 69%

L2 82%

LSAT 168

0 Sask connection

• Like 1

Nice!

I have very very very similar stats, 3.62 L2 and 162 highest LSAT as well as no Sask Connection so hopefully I hear soon. 

Wishing you the best of luck !

Accepted today as well.

cGPA: 3.5

Last 2: 3.7

LSAT: 162 (October 2012)

Softs: decent

Very excited to have another offer but not excited to have to pick. Difficult decision between Western and Sask.

Also not excited about how quick we have to decide. March 5th for those keeping track.

In!! :)

cGPA : 3.36 (OLSAS)

L2/B2: 3.6

LSAT: 161 (October 2012, first and only write)

Solid LORs, ECs, and as good a Sask connection as it gets.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• This isn't true. Western undergrad is aiming to provide 25-30% of classes in person. To make this happen, I imagine that every building on campus that can be used, will be used. The Faculty of Law has discussed the possibility that any classrooms too small to accommodate classes will be converted to study rooms, so that space is utilized as much as possible.  Further, to your point that upper year classes could be held in our larger lecture halls, we only have maybe 3 classrooms that could accommodate a 25 person class with social distancing. Those will be full just from running the small group program - the school has said that all other in-person 1L classes will have to be held at the Faculty of Education.  I get that you're frustrated. I'm sad that we won't be back in school too. But this clearly isn't admin being lazy. Delivering both in person and online options this year, while creating contingency plans for a second wave, has got to be a logistical nightmare. Many schools have given up entirely and gone 100% online. I'm happy they're giving 1Ls an opportunity to make the most of their 1st year, even if it means the rest of us get the short end of the stick. 
    • I agree with you - 1L's need in person the most. I just think that since the plan is already there for some in person classes, why cant it be extended for a small selection of upper year classes, especially given that we were told of a mixed model and that Western thrives with in person interaction? Upper years shouldn't be told to do everything online because 1L's need more socialization and deserve the building more, to me at least, that is not enough.   
    • I can't speak to whether the reasons stated were the real reasons or not, but I do personally think that the largest transition is from 0L to 1L. Unlike upper year students, incoming 1Ls currently have no formed relationships with other students, no understanding of the law, no experience with legal research, etc. Many have never done a moot or been in a law library. None have had the kind of legal education that only in person classes can bring (I'm thinking lots of questions/discussion).  Many law schools are going fully online for all years. The way I see it they made a decision to try to keep some semblance of normalcy for the entering 1Ls, putting extra resources/effort into them, rather than taking from 2Ls and 3Ls. But I can absolutely appreciate the feeling that it is unfair. All students will likely pay the same tuition, and surely most students would prefer an in-person experience. I do hope that admin/the SLS hear you, and perhaps complaints from your fellow students, and are able to accomodate something that feels more fair to you. These are definitely shit times. 
    • That’s unfair to upper year students. Admin has chosen to sacrifice 2Ls and 3Ls so that 1Ls get to be almost fully in-person.    1L’s were given a choice if they want their classes to be online, or in person – why can’t 2L’s and 3L’s? For 1L’s who choose in-person, all their classes are in person except constitutional. Upper years don't even get 1 class in person. We were told of a “mixed model” but that was thrown out completely.   Many of the upper year classes are capped at 25 people. These classes can happen in the larger lecture halls that hold 80+, and the 80 student classes kept online. This is especially confusing when all of Western undergrad has moved online, the campus is essentially entirely empty buildings.   Why is absolutely no effort being made to accommodate upper year students? The decision has even been made for winter term for upper years to be online – why is there no flexibility here at all? At no point has admin suggested that they will try to move for in-person classes in the winter semester if circumstances change.    It is lazy for admin to do nothing for upper years. I cannot help but think that various economic and business reasons were factored into the decision to give upper years the short end of the stick. I say this because there has been a total lack of transparency in the decision-making process, we have not been given an explanation as to why admin has so quickly given up on our educational experience.    The Dean reasons that social integration and building connections is important for 1Ls. But this is just as important in 2L and 3L. Plus, the social integration and academic support between 1Ls and upper years is so crucial to building connections at law school. I know my 1L experience would not have been as successful if I didn't have the help I got from upper years.    Further, two-thirds of covid-19 cases come from the GTA. London is fairly safe and will be safer come September. While there is a chance of transmission by having students move back, admin may students to isolate for 14 days prior to start of classes.   I have no hope left in admin as they appear to be set in their decision. I truly hope students keep the pressure on admin, especially the SLS at Western Law, to try to get some sort of in person education for upper year students. For most of us, it is our last year(s) of schooling before we enter the workforce forever – let’s not let go of it so easily.
    • I have declined the offer. The first concern I had about this program was the cost, and after giving it about 6 weeks' thought, this hasn't changed. All the best to everyone.