Sign in to follow this  
vegso

Accepted 2013

I just got in this morning!  Right after getting my VISA processed for the Windsor Dual.  Now I have to make the tough ass decision between the two schools:(.  I've already signed a 1 year lease here in Windsor, got my homework and I'm starting class this Monday.  I've also fallen in love with the city and my classmates rock...also, the upper years have been more helpful then I could have ever imagined!. Arg, this weekend will be a BIATCH!!!!!!

Windsor Dual ~ $40,000/year

Sask ~$10,500/year

Edited by pua
  • Like 5

I just got in this morning!  Right after getting my VISA processed for the Windsor Dual.  Now I have to make the tough ass decision between the two schools:(.  I've already signed a 1 year lease here in Windsor, got my homework and I'm starting class this Monday.  I've also fallen in love with the city and my classmates rock...also, the upper years have been more helpful then I could have ever imagined!. Arg, this weekend will be a BIATCH!!!!!!

Sask ~$10,500/year

Nice!!

Congrats!

Since you've already gotten settled into Windsor I can definitely imagine this feels like a tough decision. In the end though... you're looking at saving over 100k by going to UofS... 100k... Just to say that again... One. Hundred. Thousand. Dollars. If you have the option to avoid that kind of debt I think you'd be crazy not to.

• Like 2

Sask ~$10,500/year

Not that it really matters when compared to the dual program, but tuition has been increased this year to approximately $12,200.

Congrats!

Enjoy Sask!

There's nothing like not having to deal with money matters constantly on your mind while studying... I'm  In the dual and i'm seriously leaning towards declining due cost after crunching the numbers.  

Sask ~$10,500/year

MONDAY??

MONDAY??

School starts a few weeks earlier in the US than it does in Canada. And UDM (which partners with Windsor for its dual JD program) is a US school. 

Made the decision to go to Saskie!  I cringe when I think of the amount of leg work I need to do between now and Sept 3rd.

• Like 2

Made the decision to go to Saskie!  I cringe when I think of the amount of leg work I need to do between now and Sept 3rd.

Pua, reading your posts/messages we've had, I can't believe you are going to Sask! I think you made the right decision and look forward to meeting you this fall!

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking, what is the deadline to accept for this round?

You must send your acceptance, deposit and passport photo by Aug 26.

Just got in! So excited. 3.6 160!

Congrats! Do you just receive an e-mail? 

Just got in! So excited. 3.6 160!

Congrats!!! Now I'm no longer the last acceptance lol.  Are you accepting?  Where are you from?

Yes I accepted I'm from Saskatoon! Came in through email. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting to hear.

• Like 2

Just got the acceptance email too. First acceptance, so relieved!

CGPA 69%

L2 82%

LSAT 168

0 Sask connection

Hey congrats! I'm on a similar boat in terms of cGPA (c+ as well) and L2 GPA. I just wanted to know does UofS consider cgpa at all? May sound like a dumb question but I can not find it on their website. Thanks a bunch

Just got the acceptance email too. First acceptance, so relieved!

CGPA 69%

L2 82%

LSAT 168

0 Sask connection

Hey congrats! I'm on a similar boat in terms of cGPA (c+ as well) and L2 GPA. I just wanted to know does UofS consider cgpa at all? May sound like a dumb question but I can not find it on their website. Thanks a bunch

I'm pretty sure they don't consider cgpa at all. The reason I indicated my cgpa was to stress that point.

For anyone wondering about the admission stats at this stage, I just got in with a ~3.5/163, decent ECs and no sask connection. I'll be declining, good luck everyone.

Hey DSman, when did you apply in the cycle?

I would think a 3.5 163 would warrant an earlier acceptance?