Sign in to follow this  
strangerdanger

Accepted 2013

IN! 4.0/161 confirmed.

I must have been out of town when the package got here. It seems like it's been here since a week ago.

Beartrack also changed to Admitted!

Good luck to those still waiting!

• Like 1

Accepted, stats:

L2 GPA: 3.75 

LSAT: 168

Holding out for UBC though, so hopefully my spot at U of A will become available for someone who really wants it sooner rather than later :)

In with a confirmed 3.8/166

I will most likely be declining. Good luck to everyone else!

I have a question for those who are declining the offer.....do you send an email/ a form to decline or are you just not going to respond untill the april 1st deadline expires. (I'm just trying to figure out how the spots open up :D) Edited by DSman

I have a question for those who are declining the offer.....do you send an email/ a form to decline or are you just not going to respond untill the april 1st deadline expires. (I'm just trying to figure out how the spots open up :D)

The instruction (which came with the offer package) says that if we do not intend to accept the offer, we may notify the admissions office by email so that the seat can go to the next person.

Otherwise, those with offer can hold on to it until April 1st and potentially lose their spot without being notified by the school.

Got in this morning. Will accept unless I get in at Queens.

I have a 3.8/3.9 and 165

Congrats, bloke.

• Like 1

Will everyone who has already been accepted thus far be attending University of Alberta for sure?

I will be for sure. Already went in and paid my deposit... And from the looks of their surprised faces I think I was one of the first. :)

• Like 3

Accepted, stats:

L2 GPA: 3.75

LSAT: 168

Holding out for UBC though, so hopefully my spot at U of A will become available for someone who really wants it sooner rather than later :)

You'll get I'm for sure at UBC with those stats. Good luck, whatever you decide!

• Like 1

I will be for sure. Already went in and paid my deposit... And from the looks of their surprised faces I think I was one of the first. :)

How was the service?  Friendly, efficient, helpful?

• Like 1

I'm accepted at UBC and U of A, but I haven't made a firm decision yet. Since I have a dependant, cost of living is a big issue.

I hope the others already accepted will have multiple options as well, so that a spot becomes available for you sooner rather than later!

I would say unless you already live in Vancouver, cost of living is for sure lower in Edmonton. DM me if you have any questions about it; I've lived in and around Edmonton my whole life and could probably give you some housing tips. :)

• Like 1

Just got my package in the mail today.  Pretty excited because this is the first school I've heard back from!

cGPA: 3.92

LSAT: 167

Judging by your name, you've been lurking on this forum for a while.

Hey guys, first time poster here. Just got in with a 3.9 and 162.

Holding out for UVic though so hopefully this spot will go to another deserving hopeful  :)

• Like 1

Checked beartracks for the first time (major problems with forgetting passwords!) and I have been accepted!

LSAT 162 and GPA around 3.8 (but not sure).

Will not be accepting. 

• Like 1

Checked beartracks for the first time (major problems with forgetting passwords!) and I have been accepted!

LSAT 162 and GPA around 3.8 (but not sure).

Will not be accepting.

Well congrats anyway... Which school are you opting for?

Just got my acceptance yesterday. Very surprised it came so early, if at all, considering my stats...

cGPA 3.47 (3.5) and 165 LSAT

Probably won't be accepting considering I'm from Ontario.. so waiting on Ontario schools still. 

Edited by hybrldtheory
  • Like 1

Just got my acceptance yesterday. Very surprised it came so early, if at all, considering my stats...

cGPA 3.47 (3.5) and 165 LSAT

Probably won't be accepting considering I'm from Ontario.. so waiting on Ontario schools still. 

Congrats. Its probably because U of A looks at your last 60 credits/2 full year worth of courses instead of cGPA. Do you know what that is by any chance?

Congrats. Its probably because U of A looks at your last 60 credits/2 full year worth of courses instead of cGPA. Do you know what that is by any chance?

I'd say they're pretty much the same... Here are my marks:

Year 1 - 3.39

Year 2 - 3.44 

Year 3 - 3.43 (Sem 1), 3.53 (Sem 2- exchange abroad so marks don't count)

OLSAS confirmed 3-year cGPA: 3.42

Year 4 - 3.8 (Sem 1) 

NEW cGPA: 3.47 and my B2/L2: 3.42 (not sure about that calculation)