Sign in to follow this  
duncan33

Accepted 2013

Thanks Turkeytime, so psyched! So I have a question for you guys - I'm sure it's all explained in the package I'll receive next week but I'm very inpatient right now. I'm still in my final year, are they going to request my grades for fall and winter (a conditional offer)? And if they do, what is the typical conditional GPA I would have to maintain, or is it case-by-case based?

FWIW, when I was accepted last year I just had to provide a final transcript once it was available. I wasn't given a conditional GPA to meet. Congrats!

I am not complaining by any means, but does anyone else feel uneasy but having nothing but a call so far? I wish the package would arrive sooner

I am not complaining by any means, but does anyone else feel uneasy but having nothing but a call so far? I wish the package would arrive sooner

I was called on the 30th and received my package on the 11th, so I wouldn't worry.

Why feel uneasy? I got my call last week and they told me over the phone that I should receive that package today or tomorrow. If you are concerned that the call was some sick prank like I was then just call them and confirm. Be ready to have a lengthy conversation, they are really nice and tell you all sorts of great information. Also, they know your name from the top of their minds which threw me off - "Hi of course I can confirm, what's your name", "Oh hey 'insert name', yes you have been accepted congratulations!" - it almost felt like we have known each other for a long time lol.

Thanks, yeah I think it was just not having something concrete in writing, yeah I considered whether it was a cruel prank lol but then I got hte package in the mail today. 

Last year the package didn't come out until the office re-opened in January. Lucky ducks.

Accepted today - got a phone call. GPA 3.55/4.0, LSAT 167. Still very surprised... had a pretty good PS as well.

• Like 1

accepted via phone call. best three GPA ~83-84%. LSAT 164. biomedical research, hospital volunteering, some public health work.
also accepted at osgoode, ottawa, western. waiting on queen's.

It may be early, but i'm starting to worry a bit! 3.8 GPA (3.7 under OLSAS), 173 LSAT. Not that much under ECs or work experience, though. For the people admitted this week, did you already submit your first term grades?

• Like 1

Got the acceptance call this morning! Absolutely thrilled to be accepted to UofT Law

cGPA: 3.44
B3: 3.65

LSAT: 164 (June), 167 (Dec)

MSc Candidate

Edited by Gerrand

It may be early, but i'm starting to worry a bit! 3.8 GPA (3.7 under OLSAS), 173 LSAT. Not that much under ECs or work experience, though. For the people admitted this week, did you already submit your first term grades?

That's solid, I doubt you'll be waiting much longer. I already graduated so my grades were already in. On another note, I've heard its difficult to get in without finishing your undergraduate first, someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

On another note, I've heard its difficult to get in without finishing your undergraduate first, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you mean applicants who are currently in 4th year? If so, that isn't true.

I agree with other posters that it seems like those with relatively better "softs" than pure numbers seem to be getting the nod more at this stage of the game. I count myself in the latter category, and congratulations to all those with let's say "broader" experience who have been accepted thus far. Totally deserved.

Anybody with just the numbers and not a whole lot else getting nervous here? I have a B3 3.79 cGPA (OLSAS) and a 169 LSAT and I'm gettin' anxious. :P

Edited by LouisTowel

I'm feeling the same way LouisTowel. I don't think I'm all numbers, but those are probably the strongest features of my application. Hopefully we'll hear soon too! :) 

• Like 2

I agree with other posters that it seems like those with relatively better "softs" than pure numbers seem to be getting the nod more at this stage of the game. I count myself in the latter category, and congratulations to all those with let's say "broader" experience who have been accepted thus far. Totally deserved.

Anybody with just the numbers and not a whole lot else getting nervous here? I have a B3 3.79 cGPA (OLSAS) and a 169 LSAT and I'm gettin' anxious. :P

I'm feeling the same way LouisTowel. I don't think I'm all numbers, but those are probably the strongest features of my application. Hopefully we'll hear soon too! :)

That's exactly me right now - sort of makes sense to go for the broader people first, though. People with medium LSAT and excellent ECs might not expect to get into U of T and leap at an Osgoode offer, so U of T wants to wrap them up early. Note that I am definitely not saying that LSAT > ECs, but that U of T seems to historically have been marks-focused and may be changing it up, so they want to make sure to get EC-heavier students before they accept elsewhere.

Hard to say. Keep in mind that, up to this point, they've really only made their automatic admits. Your numbers are really good, but they are still somewhat holistic. Maybe they want to take a closer look at the pool before admitting you, likely because of your lack of ECs and work experience. You probably still get in, just might take a little while.

EDIT: Also, U of T has *always* been holistic. Yes you need the marks, and no amount of relative soft factors will make up for marks outside of a given range, but the reality is simply being in that range is not going to make you an auto-admit. You need to bring something to the table. 

Edited by Pyke

In at Osgoode and Ottawa, but UofT is probably my top choice and I'm still waiting on them. 3.8 cGPA, 3.87 best-three on OLSAS scale, and a 175 LSAT for those keeping track. Relatively fairly strong softs imo, but not a Nobel Prize or Olympic medal or anything ahah.

• Like 1

I am definitely in that category. I have posted this before but I have a best three GPA of 3.8 (assuming that they round to two decimal places) and an lsat of 171, so very similar numbers to you. UofT is my top choice,  but after looking at who has gotten in so far I am becoming increasingly convinced that I am just not what the admissions commitee is looking for. I guess I have to start accepting the fact that there is a significant  chance that  I will be attending Osgoode next year and not UofT.Though then again, it is still early.    

Edited by hORNS

Let me clarify my post above by saying that I in no way meant to insult Osgoode. It is obviously a good school, I just feel as though I would be happier attending UofT.