Sign in to follow this  
vegso

Question about how GPA is calculated

First, UofC counts summer courses in your last 2 I'm assuming?

Secondly, say your last 2 years of school = 69~ credits or so, will they count the full 2 years, or is there someway they selectively choose courses from your farthest back semester so the total is as close to 60 as possible?

(I always know I could ask UofC directly but I know the admissions people are crazy busy right now, and I figure it's nice to save them any time if any nice people here know the answer!)

thanks

I'm in the same boat..I took 66 credits my last 2 years - by York standards..Calgary considers half year courses as 3 credits and full years as 6..that'd still give me 63 credits in the last 2 years

Edited by Sundinftw

I don't think they will selectively choose, almost certain they don't. If you're not in school at the moment I think they'll take your last Fall-Winter-Summer + Fall-Winter-Summer grades up to and past 60 credits. What I'm not sure about is if you're currently in school; what I think is that this years fall term grades are added into the calculation?

Ya if you're in school right now they will wait for your fall grades and include them in your GPA

It's been awhile since I thought about this and I used to know the answer to this but If u of c has I go beyond two years to get 60 credit hours I think they do start to be selective. For example, if they looked at your last two years and they only got 57 credits then they would go into the previous term and take only one course to get the 60 credits. They would pick the course that you got the best grade in. I think they would use this method for up to 6 credits. If they have to go into a term that was more than two years ago and if they needed more than 6 credits then they would use the entire term even if that means they are evaluating more than 60 credits.

I'm sure someone from u of c will let me know if I'm wrong. I'm sure this was how they used to do it though.