Sign in to follow this  
Kafkaesquire

2013 UofC Hopefuls

bahh now that December is here, I'm crossing my fingers I'll get a first round offer from Calgary and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts?

GPA L2: 3.73

LSAT: 160

PS: tailored to Calgary, emphasis on my non-profit experience. ECs I'm a case manager working with homeless individuals in the downtown core, years of volunteering in the non-profit sector in Calgary and abroad.

Thoughts? I know I don't fit what U of C is typically known for, but I'm hoping this will help me rather than hinder! :)

My application still says that my transcripts haven't been received. I contacted U of C and they said that it would update soon and not to ask again, haha. That was about three weeks ago now, is anyone else having this problem?

Yup, still says transcript not received and LSAT is still listed in the To Do list.

I'm not really sure why they're having so much difficulty...

Good, I was a bit concerned. I guess there's always unanticipated bugs in the first run with a new system.

Mine says both havent been received yet but I've verified that they have been. So it's more buggy than anything

It is what it is, we can't really do anything about it. Hopefully someone isn't being screwed over right now though thinking that their transcript is in and it simply hasn't been updated when it actually hasn't arrived.

• Like 1

bahh now that December is here, I'm crossing my fingers I'll get a first round offer from Calgary and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts?

GPA L2: 3.73

LSAT: 160

PS: tailored to Calgary, emphasis on my non-profit experience. ECs I'm a case manager working with homeless individuals in the downtown core, years of volunteering in the non-profit sector in Calgary and abroad.

Thoughts? I know I don't fit what U of C is typically known for, but I'm hoping this will help me rather than hinder! :)

Good chance at admission overall, although I'm not sure it will be in December. You might have to wait a bit.

And I think you would be surprised how many students at U of C have the social justice/non-profit type experience. The students with substantial oil & gas experience looking to specialize in that area are in a significant minority.

My application has gone complete, I have a green circle in the Admissions portion of my Student Centre. However, if I check under status, it still says my transcript is "Not Received" so it looks like that portion of the page is still glitched.

My To Do list is also empty now however so things are moving forward.

My status has also gone complete and all updates have stated that everything I need has been received.

Might as well ask about chances.

cGPA: 3.5

L2: 3.67 (olsas converted)

LSAT: 162

Thoughts, anyone? I haven't done much research into past trends.

You've got a good shot at admission with slightly above average stats for U of C. But the holistic process can be very tough to predict.

My application has gone complete, I have a green circle in the Admissions portion of my Student Centre. However, if I check under status, it still says my transcript is "Not Received" so it looks like that portion of the page is still glitched.

My To Do list is also empty now however so things are moving forward.

I feel kind of stupid asking this, but where do you see this information? When I sign into the system that I submitted my application in all it tells me is that my application has been submitted. Is there some other place I can sign into?

Hm. Current U of C student here. My app is complete, but my fall marks are obviously not available yet. I assume it's marked as complete because they pull these themselves...or maybe they're just going to calculate my L2 without my fall marks...hm.

From what I've read on here and researched, Calgary is usually one of the first schools to start handing out acceptances and they seem to be a bit behind as per their usual trend.

Has anyone heard if it has anything to do with the use of the new online application?

From what I've read on here and researched, Calgary is usually one of the first schools to start handing out acceptances and they seem to be a bit behind as per their usual trend.

Has anyone heard if it has anything to do with the use of the new online application?

Are you basing this off the one year where they had acceptances in November? If anything that year is the anomaly. Given Calgary's holistic process, I'm surprised they manage to get acceptances out in December at all. From what I've researched, it takes an exceptional candidate to get an acceptance prior to January. 

^ My mistake.

I looked at an old thread with school trends for first round admittances. I just checked again and I had confused the Calgary dates with Saskatchewan which was posted next to it.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Ya you should have a good idea of the Calgary admissions process at this point-- long and drawn out. Especially with the February documentation deadline and waiting on fall grades, the bulk of offers are still a long ways off.

Hey guys, just wondering what you think my chances are... I'm pretty damn borderline. 

LSAT: 158

GPA L2: 3.6

EC: Campaigning, Child Mentor, Football Coach

Work Experience: Started Small Business

Sorry, I did this once before, but only NucksFTW responded and can you really trust a Nucks fan (haha just kidding)