1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 902

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 235

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   40 Members, 2 Anonymous, 129 Guests (See full list)

• Accepted2024
    • futurelawyerrr
    • ilovegilmoregirls
    • BeRightBack
    • Froom
    • FutureLStudent
    • kai11
    • legallyblond23
    • tortstortoise
    • lawstudent2024
    • mimi123
    • Flash16
    • Yogurt Baron
    • ka.nic32
    • WiseGhost
    • silverblizzard
    • aceattorney
    • boxinthenorth
    • BlockedQuebecois
    • СлаваУкраїні
    • Aschenbach
    • jimmy991
    • law01948i29
    • Legal Advice Inquiry
    • Debtful
    • scooter
    • chrysanthemum
    • GoatDuck
    • futurelawyerseekingadvice
    • canuckfanatic
    • fairyprincesslawyer
    • underperform
    • CTOlaw
    • RenewablePowerRanger
    • kklawkk
    • Lui
    • Apple
    • biffo852
    • ellywoodsy
    • goinglegallycrazy37

• Recent Posts

• LMP
      You certainly won't be limited to Kingston jobs if you go to Queens. 
    • LegalBagel
      Can I ask how did you guys find out? I’m also quite concerned since I didn’t get any sort of status update other than queue. Should that be concerning?
    • futurelawyerseekingadvice
      Still debating down to the last few days it seems but I would love to get some input! I’m leaning more towards Queens, but they both seem like great schools. I am not sure what kind of law I’m most interested to study but I have a polisci background from university. Community is really important to me, and I would love to experience a close knit community where I go to school. Another thing I would like to prioritize is experiential learning. I would love to participate in clinics or do legal (or non-legal) work on or off campus. I’ve been to both welcome days and I found Queen’s to be a slightly better school, but I loved the city of Ottawa- so I’m split between a good school vs. a good city (with also a good school). My concern with Queens is whether I would be confined to working in Kingston after I graduate, or whether I would be able to find work in other cities. Also, how do courses compare between the two schools? Does Queens (or Ottawa) provide many opportunities to focus on different types of law? If there’s any one attending these schools currently that would like to give me more advice, please let me know, I would love the chance to connect with you.   Thank you for any input!
    • biffo852
      Western is a great school. I don't think with UBC it's over until May is over. Discretionary category acceptance are a bit all over the place with stats. So you may have a chance yet. Until then, make every effort to plan for your move to London.  I've already secured a residence spot with Oz, I'm planning my summer around the move and thinking about my finances. It's much easier to secure good housing if you apply earlier, at least with York. Until UBC says something, I wholeheartedly plan for a different outcome.  Many people from BC go to school in Ontario and come right back. I too will miss the mountains as an outdoors enthusiast.   
    • Conge
      I don't mean to be snarky, but the only relevant thing to mentioned (to me) is the "triple the cost" comment. If you intend to work in MB, I'd 100% go to UofM. If you don't know, Dal might be a better choice, but a better choice at 3x the cost? I dunno. There would have to be a compelling reason to take on that kind of debt.     
    • GoatDuck
      Dal won’t give you advantages for working in Manitoba over UofM. The only justifiable reason for you to go to Dal given your goal to practice in Manitoba is the personal fulfilment you’ll get out of living in a different province. I personally think that it is important to experience what it’s like living far away from your family/province at least once in your life. But that’s what it comes down to. 
    • jeownx
      Hi congratulations!! What was your gpa ?
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.