Sign in to follow this  
silver7

Waitlist 2012

Just spoke to Queens. Since yesterday's Aug 15th deadline no spots have opened up and they said they dont expect any movements till next week. But I am confused. I though offers would expire automatically on Aug. 15 for those who had provisionals from other schools. So if there are no spots opened now, how will anything open up from this point on? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Aug 15 was for Ontario law schools. Technically, people could have accepted Queen's provisionally, becoming firm yesterday but also have offers in other law schools in Canada outside ON. So sometimes these people end up not coming to Queens and thats why there MAY be some movement on the wait list

Whose still on the wait list?

I still have not heard a single word. I call every week and they tell me they have made no decision on me :S

I'm still on as well. Called yesterday and it didn't sound too doomed. They over accepted/ over offered so it's not a 1-for-1 situation. What was said to you drcrazy? I was told they expected a few more drops at the end of the week.

I'm still on as well. Called yesterday and it didn't sound too doomed. They over accepted/ over offered so it's not a 1-for-1 situation. What was said to you drcrazy? I was told they expected a few more drops at the end of the week.

They told me that there needs to be a few more drops before they can take anyone from the waitlist. But she didnt say they are expecting more drops. Hopefully its better news Silver.

Does anyone have any sense of how big the list is? I do know about half the list was gone after Aug 15.

I'm not sure about size but was also told it was pretty much cut down to half after the 15th. I get the feelings it's not THAT big haha. Though situations like jwilson's (no rejection, no wait list) have got me really confused in regards to how many of us are still clinging on.

• Like 1

Anyone hear anything regarding wait list? I have received no email since I was notified and have not called in since some time last week.

Anyone hear anything regarding wait list? I have received no email since I was notified and have not called in since some time last week.

Not a thing, no rejection, no wait list, and definitely no offer :/

lol, I'm starting to think they lost my application and are trying to cover up by simply telling me "no decision" when I call in. jk. "Check under the filing cab-nit dammit !"

I spoke with them on Friday. No movements on the wait list as of yet. They said there might be some movement this week and to call back by Wednesday or Thursday to see whats up.

lol, I'm starting to think they lost my application and are trying to cover up by simply telling me "no decision" when I call in. jk. "Check under the filing cab-nit dammit !"

SO FRUSTRATING!!

I spoke with them on Friday. No movements on the wait list as of yet. They said there might be some movement this week and to call back by Wednesday or Thursday to see whats up.

Did they sound likely there will be movement for wait list at all?

GAHHH this wait is KILLING me!

Did they sound likely there will be movement for wait list at all?

GAHHH this wait is KILLING me!

Couldn't really tell. They did say they over-offered this year, so I don't know what to make of it.

Just spoke with them again. There has been no movements so far this week and I was told they aren't really expecting any. We will be sent an email next week telling us good luck and good bye. :cry: I kind of wish I got rejected a while back so to not feel like this right before my Masters starts. Anyways, good luck to all in future cycles.

Just spoke with them again. There has been no movements so far this week and I was told they aren't really expecting any. We will be sent an email next week telling us good luck and good bye. :cry: I kind of wish I got rejected a while back so to not feel like this right before my Masters starts. Anyways, good luck to all in future cycles.

I know I have the same feeling before I start my Masters :( Where are you going for your Masters? Im trying to get myself excited for it haha But kinda hard without closure from Queens!

I know I have the same feeling before I start my Masters :( Where are you going for your Masters? Im trying to get myself excited for it haha But kinda hard without closure from Queens!

Pub. & Int. affairs at UOttawa. you?

Rejected. Letter in the mail yesterday. Not even listed :/ What evs for now, I'm not toooo stoked for my MA, but am already re-working my PS, and timing out my next LSAT prep. Good luck guys, maybe catch ya on the next cycle.