• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• “Endless amounts of free pizza” makes UBC a no-brainer choice, IMHO. My school only has free beef burger once a year. But seriously, the extra cost is something to consider if your estimation is correct. 50k is not an insignificant amount. The dual degree program offered by UBC is with HKU (maybe Beijing as well?), it’s for students who want to practice in HK. Cantonese is a must if one wants to really assimilate, and the tuition is very high.
    • I am quite sure that you will get in Queens, Western, or Ottawa. Best of luck to your applications!
    • For this admission cycle, I believe that you will get in all law schools to which you have applied; you may face pleasant choices of selecting law schools. Best of luck!
    • Apparently the University of Alberta is the only school in Canada to offer a JAG Internship. Besides that, I'm not sure if there are any differences between the schools in that respect. https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/military-university-of-alberta-offer-one-of-a-kind-faculty-of-law-internship
    • In 2017 I got admitted the first day of offers and I asked administration about whether it was conditional. I was informed that if your offer was conditional the conditions would be outlined in your acceptance very clearly. I was also told early acceptances don’t usually come with any conditions at all so there was no need to worry. So no news is good news.    That being said, I was also told not to let my grades just completely bomb. I was never told exactly why but I reason it is possibly for two reasons. First, many universities do still retain the right to revoke an acceptance at their discretion. I’m not sure if Osgoode is one such school but if it is then perhaps grades bombing can lead to a revocation. Second, and I think this is more likely the explanation, the administrator could have just been looking into the crystal ball and advising me to help with 1L jobs. It would be pretty odd if my grades just tanked after receiving an acceptance and this would set up red flags for a prospective employer. In fact, during a 1L interview I had and was extended an offer for, my consistency in my undergraduate grades was remarked on.    Just keep your grades at a decent level but relax and enjoy your final time in your program!