acanadianpeanut

Good Looks=Success in Law?

LawP:

How do you know who he is?

Elip:

Thanks for telling me what HTH was...Cheers.

You're right I have absolutely no sense of humor.

But aside from that fact, I feel this board is about discussion of issues, whether it be getting into, or being in law school. And as much as I like Laphoaig's taste in suds, I think his post about women/girls was quite ridiculous. (no offense intended, and I hope none taken). Elpinio, I liked your post about discrimination in the legal practice, but when it comes to dropping stats to prove some obscure point, I don't have a heck of a lot of tolerance for it. I'm not a "regular" on these forums, but I have found them to be helpful. And your comments were, until it denegrated into a breakdown of everybody's wording and grammar. (Which apparently we all, including myself are guilty of)(which I know is a dangling participle)). You know what they say, if you haven't anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, that is about people on this forum. Elpinio, I give you as much support to comment on anything that you want to, but keep the personal attacks out of this. And did I really think you misspelled "probbly" on purpose? I'll let your obviously overdeveloped sense on humor answer that one. (I know this too was a personal attack, but hey, in the words of every child HE STARTED IT).

Peace everyone, I love ezboard, but like an early poster said, a flame war does not belong on this website. Posts like elpinio's first one, however, does, and I think before we get into a knot about contentious issues, we need to think about it first.

Sean

Edited by me to change a few words.

Edited by: SeantheScientician at: 3/29/05 3:08 am

Thanks for supporting at least the thought behind my original post. I think most can tell that there was no intent on starting a flame war. I honestly don't feel like continuing, but since you bring up personal attacks and the notion of "starting it", I'll add my comments.

Immediately after my first post, the Plette woman insinuates that I may be anti-Semitic. For what? Stating that discrimination exists and by providing an example. Being the tolerant person I am, I ignore it ("I won't take offense to your comment though… ") and clarify that my comment wasn't racist in nature. She responses smartassedly with "I am glad that you claim to have no malice". Claim? wtf? Assuming that she has a modicum of nuanced writing ability, the word “claim” was precisely chosen to cast doubt on my stated principles. That’s not to mention the load of horsesh*t that followed, essentially saying that me having Jewish friends doesn't necessarily imply that I'm not anti-Semitic… really?? "Some of my best friends are Jews, but I hate Jews" That makes sense… *note the sarcasm* That’s about the dumbest thing I’ve heard and shows the extent to which this woman went to irrationally slander me.

So, this woman attacks me and asserts that I'm anti-Semitic simply because I pointed out that racial discrimination exists. Sure, she didn't say it outright, but from her original post to me and in her follow-up, any kid with a grade 8 English education could see that her implication was clear. If her assertion is not ludicrous, ironic (it's racist to point out racism), and offensive, I don't know what is. Go over the posts and you'll see that that was the first personal attack. And a particularly vicious one at that.

Sorry, but having a white woman baselessly tell a coloured person that one is racist is a sure-fire way to start a flame war.

btw, the "I just read that you have a husband" line was an edit, in reference to my own post, after I initially wrote "assuming you're a guy".

What, no spelling and punctuation critique from you Cheeks?

Without certain posts, especially regarding LSAT scores, Elpinio is actually a pretty good member of this community. He was giving someone on another board help for LSAT studying etc, so I say props to Elpinio, flame-wars aside, and I've got nothing else to say on the matter.

Sean

Thanks ihate. Seeing as I am good looking I am thinking about working a little less on exams. Maybe it really doesn't matter for me anyway?