Sign in to follow this  
Johannes Strachan

Top 2 question/ chances

So, how hard and fast is the top 2 index score calculation? Will it really be irrelevant that I have a bad cGPA and a declining trend if my top 2 are good?

Also what are my chances? Is a top 2 3.63/162 almost certainly going to get in?

I'm all over lawstudents.ca tonight :)

Yes it will be irrelevant that you have a bad cGPA and a declining trend if your top 2 are good. And yes, 3.63/162 is almost certainly going to get in. Good luck and congrats, hope you get in soon (and sorry if by some tiny chance you end up not getting in).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Rejected off the waitlist today. Been a super long cycle, and I gotta say I'm pretty upset about it.  
    • So it's now cheaper than Ryerson law? Good to know. 
    • I’m going to take a slightly different tack here: If you are in high school, and cost is no object, and you are accepted into Oxbridge, I think there’s nothing wrong with doing an LLB (or BA) there. It’ll be a great education and a fantastic three years. And perhaps at the end of it, you go on to do something unrelated to law. But you shouldn’t see the UK as a shortcut. I would anticipate having to do a JD, if you want to be a lawyer in Canada, after your undergrad.
    • Hi all,  I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the internal application process for clerkships at the ONCA and the SCC. From what I understand, applications go to the Dean and Vice-Dean, and a few candidates are selected for interviews with the Dean. If successful, selected applicants are "recommended" by the Dean to the courts. Has anyone gone through this process? If so, what was it like? Any Tips? What exactly is the Dean's recommendation? Can you still apply with the recommendation?   Thanks!    
    • It's gone down to 25k this year, for 1Ls at least