Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

OLSAS GPA Conversion

I apologize in advance if the question has been beaten to death elsewhere, but I can't seem to find the answer.

From my understanding 60 credits is equivalent 10 full-year courses at UofT, which is where I did my undergrad. I am having an issue with converting half-year course grades into full-year equivalent in accordance with OLSAS chart.

Here is an example from my transcript.

Half-year course A: 90% A+

Half-year course B: 88% A

If I average the % grades first and convert that value afterwards I end up with 89%, which is a 3.9 GPA according to OLSAS chart.

On the other hand, if I convert the grades into OLSAS GPA first then I would get 4.0 for course A and 3.9 for course B which would average out to a 3.95 GPA.

Could anyone illuminate me on what I am doing wrong and/or what is the correct procedure for grade conversion.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I apologize in advance if the question has been beaten to death elsewhere, but I can't seem to find the answer.

From my understanding 60 credits is equivalent 10 full-year courses at UofT, which is where I did my undergrad. I am having an issue with converting half-year course grades into full-year equivalent in accordance with OLSAS chart.

Here is an example from my transcript.

Half-year course A: 90% A+

Half-year course B: 88% A

If I average the % grades first and convert that value afterwards I end up with 89%, which is a 3.9 GPA according to OLSAS chart.

On the other hand, if I convert the grades into OLSAS GPA first then I would get 4.0 for course A and 3.9 for course B which would average out to a 3.95 GPA.

Could anyone illuminate me on what I am doing wrong and/or what is the correct procedure for grade conversion.

Thanks a lot in advance!

The second way you're doing it is right. You need to convert to OLSAS GPA (so 3.9 and 4.0) first which would give 3.95 over those two courses.

Thanks for a prompt reply...at least the conversion order favours me! I was pretty annoyed to see all of my 4.0s evaporate and turn into 3.9s once I have found out about OLSAS :(

Hey everyone. I have tried searching the forum but cannot seem to find the way to convert you GPA from % to OSLAS on a 4.0 scale. When i calculate my cGPA in % i get a 77 but on a 4.0 i calculated 2.87 :? Also, my top two years are an 83.85 however i calculated a 3.62 :?

The way I did it was to change each indivudal % grade for each class out of 4.0 then divide by the number of classes for the semester THEN average the semesters. Where did I go wrong??? :cry: