Sign in to follow this  
m2m82

WHAT LSAT PREP BOOK DID U LIKE MOST?

Hey guys..

I'm looking at buying some LSAT prep books.. .I'm looking for a book with some good strategies in tackling the LSAT.. any suggestions??

I'm using Master the LSAT right now, most people have agreed that this is one of the best books. I also bought Lsat Advantage with Professor Dave, this book has a very high rating on amazon, but is less discussed by people on the forums. I think both of these books seem useful. As for the most well known ones like Kaplan/Princeton, they are okay. Other guides like Peterson/Real/Barron are not that popular.

BTW, if games is one of you weakest areas, then the Games Bible is another one recommended by other people.

good luck

The ultimate prep package would be something like:

Nova's Master the LSAT

Powerscore's Logic Games Bible

Kaplan's LSAT 180

10 More, Actual Official LSAT Preptests

Preptests 29-42 from LSAC

I agree, buy every real test you can get your hands on.

If you have any trouble with games, get the LG Bible.

even tho u can't find it in bookstores (order it from chapters.ca), it's the best book i've had. princeton/kaplan r plain annoying. they teach u to identify the type of question u r facing, but don't tell u the underlying logic. master the lsat, however, explains the underlying logic.

I'm just repeating what everyone else said, but it's true, Nova's Master the LSAT is one of the best. I didnt like Princeton or Kaplan very much either because they didnt explain the sections and break down the questions as well.

Hi All:

This is my first time on this forum. I am scoring around 150 on the practice Lsat desperately want to improbve my score to atleast 160. I can use all the books and practice test there is. I was wondering where to purchase Nova's Master the Lsat, Powerscore's Logic game bible, Actual prep test 32-42 and 10, more actual official Lsat prep test.

thank you

One hundred percent Fox LSAT. Used the logic games playbook and the logical reasoning encyclopedia and both had straightforward explanations that markedly improved my score. 

26 minutes ago, captjanebae said:

One hundred percent Fox LSAT. Used the logic games playbook and the logical reasoning encyclopedia and both had straightforward explanations that markedly improved my score. 

This thread is 15 years old...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/4/2019 at 2:23 PM, cherryblossoms said:

This thread is 15 years old...

This is true... BUT.... in all fairness, some people do stumble upon these older threads if the content is relevant. Sheesh. 15 years. I feel old.

Hands down the most useful book I have read thus far is Nathan Fox's Introducing the LSAT. The PowerScore books are useful resources but some of their advice is not the greatest in my opinion. I have been listening to the Thinking LSAT Podcast as well as using the LSAT Demon to study which has improved my score dramatically in 1.5months of studying. Currently Nathan Fox's books The Logical Reasoning Encyclopedia and The Logic Games Playbook are both on order. I will give an update on those two books once I have read them, but from watching his video explanations on the Demon and the Podcast I think the books will likely be my favourite resources.

• Like 1

I used all three of the powerscore bibles as well as the accompanying workbooks. I found that both the LG and the LR bibles we're amazingly helpful, but the RC wasn't really much of a help, especially given that all of the notating techniques they suggest are useless on the digital lsat. 

I thought Powerscore’s LG bible was solid. 

Get your hands on as many Pts as you can and use them wisely.

I purchased the Powerscore trilogy when I first started studying and I regret that decision because the RC bible was a complete waste of time. It actually hindered my progress in that section. I’d probably avoid any textbook that claims to teach you strategy on the section. Just actively read more dense academic journals and magazine articles. 

Loophole for LR seems to be the new hip book the folks over at reddit are talking about. They are claiming that it has done for logical reasoning what the LG bible has done for analytical reasoning. I’m somewhat intrigued by it,  and would like to know if it has any merit.

Edited by Serenitytomorrow