Sign in to follow this  
bclaw2011

Very unofficial -- Top 10 law schools in Canada-- :)

What are your top ten? I have reviewed the Macleans ranking and I know it is highly debated.

I assume Toronto and McGill would duke it out for the top spot, but the rest is hazy. UBC was 9th in the 07 Macleans ranking and now I see it as high as 3rd. Very confusing...

After some simple research and supported by very little I would rank them:

1Toronto

2McGill

3Osgoode

4UBC

5UVIC

6Alberta

7\8Dalhousie

7\8Queens

9)Ottawa

10)Calgary

Just for fun, but what do you think?

What a great thread idea! While we're at it let's rank colours. Here's my list;

1 Blue

2 Orange

3 Green

4 Red

5 Black

6 White

7 Yellow

8 Grey

9 Brown

10 Beige

I know, I know. I left out purple. But, come on, purple doesn't exactly have a very prominent national presence. In fact, purple is a TTT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top 10 letters in the alphabet-- :)

After some simple research and supported by very little I would rank them:

1) E

2) N

3) Q

4) P

5) Z

6) A

7) D

8) H

9) O

10) R

Just for fun, but what do you think?

• Like 1

* Just got back from a visit to lawbuzz and I'd just like to point out that my post was in no way meant to impugn the colour purple or those who prefer purple. Purple is a perfectly fine colour and I hereby revoke any statements I have made in the past which may have indicated otherwise.

:lol: OK very funny. Point taken.

Anyone with a top 10? I am sure plenty of board members have done their homework on schools and I would be curious to see some top ten lists.

Find someone who has applied to, been accepted to, and attended ten Canadian law schools, and then you might get a worthwhile comparison list. Until then, all these lists tend to do is piss people off.

• Like 4

unless you've attended each law school, you shouldn't have an opinion on this.

rankings are bull- people should go to the school they want to go, which has a program they like and which is in-line with their values.

ALL OUR LAW SCHOOLS ARE GOOD, THERE IS NO NEED TO RANK THEM. You will be successful because of who you are, not your school. We live in Canada, not the USA - lets stop following their elitist footsteps.

ALL OUR LAW SCHOOLS ARE GOOD, THERE IS NO NEED TO RANK THEM. You will be successful because of who you are, not your school. We live in Canada, not the USA - lets stop following their elitist footsteps.

+1

* Just got back from a visit to lawbuzz and I'd just like to point out that my post was in no way meant to impugn the colour purple or those who prefer purple. Purple is a perfectly fine colour and I hereby revoke any statements I have made in the past which may have indicated otherwise.

Here's a link just in case some of you didn't get the joke; viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23218

I was being facetious about the purple thing, but the lawbuzz thing sure serves as a good warning for all of us in the future.

bclaw2011, I have a question about your name. What my question about your name is is, what is your name? Is it BC-Law-2011? Because if so, I rank the law schools in BC as follows:

1) (tie) UBC (Vancouver is big and probably has a good job market and stuff. I'm just guessing)

1) (tie) UVic (UVic has bunnies. Bunnies as far as the eye can see.)

And you seem pretty devoted to BC, what with making it your name and all, so I think you should go to one of those. Either is good.

On the other hand, if your name is B-Claw-2011, then please go to one of the schools I didn't apply to. In order of how vehement I was about not applying to them, they are as follows:

1). York (Nothing against any Osgoodians here - I love you, redpearl - but YB just doesn't do York, period.)

2). Ottawa (is cold)

3). U of T (you need to be, like, smart and stuff to go there)

4). Western (their website is very purple, and I'm with grisham about purple)

5). Saskatchewan (is cold)

I've got nothin' against you, B-Claw, but if your claw is so important to you that it was worth naming yourself after, then you probably just walk around clawing people all the time, and YB just doesn't do getting clawed, period.

And if your name is, like, Bcla-w20-11, then that's the worst name ever and you should get a better name before you even start THINKING about law school.

Hope that helps.

Top ten NHL teams in Canada:

1. Vancouver Canucks

2. Calgary Flames

3. Montreal Canadiens

4. Ottawa Senators

5. Edmonton Oilers

10. Toronto Maple Leafs

Top ten NHL teams in Canada:

10. Toronto Maple Leafs

+1

sadly true....

At least the Leafs will get a high draft pick next year. Oh, wait...

...I agree. I am almost giving up being a fan...they haven't been fun to watch in forever...even the novelty of stepping away for 2 minutes, guessing how many goals they'll give up, then coming back only to realize that your prediction was low has long since worn off.

Anyways, go Canucks! Oh, and:

1)Uvic Law

2)Corn on the cob

3)Big Shiny Tunes 4

4)Purple

5)PT Cruisers

6)Memories of a Geisha

7)Pokemon Red

8]Kratts' Creatures (later, Zoboomafoo; leap, leap leap!)

9)Stephen Harper

10)Preptest 57 (mauve dinosaurs)

• Like 1