gabong

best law movies

On 9/2/2008 at 8:30 AM, qtcyclone said:

The Castle

It's the vibe...

This one.  Excellent movie.

Silk was a pretty solid BBC legal miniseries. Obviously not a movie but in many ways a better representation/approximation of criminal trials and advocacy than American depictions at least with respect to Canada. 

• Like 3

Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds (Korean movie  )

when a righteous guy died and able to enter gate of hell , three smei-god like lawyers will team up , accompany him and be  his defense counselor for him in every trial in different level of hell.

Edited by akulamasusu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tend to avoid lawyer movies and shows but I enjoyed the second season of Broadchurch. Not a movie but would recommend.

• Like 2

Molly's game I guess counts?  Idris kills it and its an overall awesome movie.

Otherwise add Runaway Jury for entertainment purposes, and the Wire is my favorite lawyer depiction across all forms of media.

You know, nothing taught me as much about representing clients as the movie Frozen River (2008). It is such a stark and awful depiction of how poverty and crime are inextricably linked. The movie breaks you apart. You see how few real options people have and how obvious it is that X crime is the answer. 

I keep that movie in mind when I deal with accused persons. Not all of them - but enough of them. It made me a better lawyer. 

8 hours ago, octoputin said:

The Paper Chase, an older film  (released  in the early 1970s), but I enjoyed it

Kevin Brooks was no Mike Ross

• Like 2

My favourite lawyer movie is The Verdict.

Edited by Gomez
  • Like 1

Ill bite. Though not a fav, North Country with Charlize Theoren was good. Its gritty though. Some scenes were hard to watch but it made me more fully appreciate the hardships women have experienced in the workplace, especially industrial ones. 

For a documentary I thought Hot Coffee was fantastic. It's all about the judicial reform that followed the U.S. frivolous lawsuit trend. Would highly recommend.

"The Staircase" on Netflix. 

Otherwise my spouse has banned me from watching law movies. I spend too much time yelling at the screen "YOU CAN"T  DO THAT" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't think The Paper Chase was that good, but I most enjoyed the part where the students are talking about their outlines (a.k.a. CANs) for their final exams.

"You want to know about MY outline? It's 800 pages long and it's fantastic."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tv Show on Hbo : Night of 

trial of guy who wakes up next to dead girl doesnt know who killed her and hes put on trial for it 

sooooo good 

• Like 1