Sign in to follow this  
WhoWhere

Did I predict right? (just trying to satisfy my curiosity)

Hi all,

For those of you who were members of the forum in the begining of the admission cycle and recall me doing predictions for this year, I just wanted to know if i predicted correctly. I hope everyone is having a good summer and those who got accepted to LS, good luck next year.

whowhere

Dear Wise Holy Prophet Genius:

A prophecy request!

My stats are Simon Fraser Univ. (Vancouver, BC), a bit over three years (90 credits) completed, CGPA 3.5 on 4.33 scale. My last year has been 4.1ish. With 6 drops I go up to 3.6, with 12, 3.7, with 18 credit drops up to 3.8.

My top school is UVIC.

Scattered and mainly feathered-out ECs and WEs.

What LSAT do I need for admission the easiest canadian law schools for Fall 2008 semester? Someone earlier on this forum suggested at least 160ish for UVIC.

Thanks,

S

In at Queen's but waitlisted at Western... turns out their admissions standards aren't as identical as I had thought or you had seemed to believe, but it's all good.

Well, that or I get off the waitlist at Western and you are proven correct in the end :P

hey entityone, are you taking the spot at queen's or still holding out for western? (or accepting elsewhere)

WhoWhere,

You predicted I would get in everywhere I applied. That was pretty much it, though I accepted UT before finding out whether or not I got into Oz.

Good job! You should charge for your services!

Hey WhoWhere,

Yes, you did predict right. You predicted I would get into Western and Queens, which I did. Also, you prediced that Windsor and Ottawa were a 'maybe' - I never heard back from Windsor because I accepted at Western, but I was rejected at Western.

Now if only you could predict the lottery numbers for me... ;)

Thanks again.

You got it just right for me, too. Seriously, you're impressive. You predicted acceptance at all schools, and that's how it turned out (well, except for calgary losing a ref letter and not letting me know till after I'd accepted Oz, so I guess I wasn't technically accepted at U of C.. but still!).

WhoWhere, hope you're having another "Predicto-matic" for this admission cycle...your help would be appreciated! :)

although everyone on here is singing your praises, i have to say i'm glad you didn't predict mine correctly. whereas you had pretty pessimistic predictions about my acceptances to ontario schools, i ended up getting into all the ones i applied to (oz, queens, windsor), except ottawa .. but i figure ottawa is pretty much a mixed bag anyways.

although everyone on here is singing your praises, i have to say i'm glad you didn't predict mine correctly. whereas you had pretty pessimistic predictions about my acceptances to ontario schools, i ended up getting into all the ones i applied to (oz, queens, windsor), except ottawa .. but i figure ottawa is pretty much a mixed bag anyways.

I remember your original post because we had similar GPA numbers -- did you end up rewriting the LSAT? If so, what did you get?

As i can see from your post on the other thread your stats were:

last 2 years : 3.32/4

best 3 years: 3.575/4

lsat: 154

Unless you rewrote your lsat and got a higher score (or applied under special circumstances or as a mature student) to OZ, i fail to see how you got an offer.

As for Queens, unless you rewrote it is hard to believe you got accepted into this early on.

For windsor anyting can happen.

But as you said, I am clearly wrong.

i did end up rewriting the lsat and got 164 the second time around (*phew*) ... i also finished off a couple courses i had left for my second degree and that prob also helped put me over (i think?) ... but i guess the moral of the story is when you apply in sept/oct and think you're screwed .. its not over and there's still a fair bit you can do.

Ooo, ooo, do me! Do me! :D

http://www.lawstudents.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11924

My LSATs have ranged from 163-170, but I blew a 22-question LG -- my June test felt like a 160-4. I'm hoping for Oz or (maybe, maybe!) U of T. (Not sure if having one of their M.A.'s will help my case with the latter.)

I don't see a problem of you making it to OZ nor other Ontario schools, With a 3.8 and 163 you will make it to UofT also.

good luck

Ooo, ooo, do me! Do me! :D

http://www.lawstudents.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11924

did end up rewriting the lsat and got 164 the second time around (*phew*) ... i also finished off a couple courses i had left for my second degree and that prob also helped put me over (i think?) ... but i guess the moral of the story is when you apply in sept/oct and think you're screwed .. its not over and there's still a fair bit you can do.

obviously there is a big difference in a 164 vs 154 and a 3.5 vs a higher GPA....Good job tho.