Jump to content

StinkyTofu

Members
  • Content Count

    30
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

20 Neutral

About StinkyTofu

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Aw geez...I have the exact same stats, doing my last semester at UofC. Guess I'll show myself out 😭😭
  2. For those of us still under evaluation, what do you think are the chances that they haven't gotten around to even looking at our applications yet? Or do you think they've reviewed us already but are keeping us on the back burner in case spots open up?
  3. Thank you! In the offer it said my acceptance was conditional on finishing 1L at uOttawa so I assumed they would take it back if I didn't get accepted to Ottawa in the first place. It's good to know they still will!
  4. Hi all - follow up question; do you think one acceptance from a school has any weight on the other? For example if I get accepted by Carleton first do you think it weighs favourably on my uOttawa application and vice versa? Or is it completely independent and up to each school? My Carleton offer is conditional on my uOttawa acceptance so if they don't take me I'll have lost both opportunities haha
  5. Update: I received my offer of admission from Carleton today! Super excited; now I just need Ottawa to accept me and I'll be over the moon. It was a little odd because they "withdrew" my application for the Fall 2021 semester and accepted me for Fall 2022, but I guess that's because first year is supposed to be 1L. Fingers crossed!
  6. Thanks guys! You're absolutely right I did pay to get looked at 😤 and there's no guarantee they'll move me along any faster so I'll just leave it there.
  7. Thank you so much. That's very reassuring!
  8. Hi all, I applied to three law programs at uOttawa - the regular JD (English), the JD/MA with Carleton, and the Dual American/Cnd JD. Due to dumb reasons on my part I missed the deadline to submit additional documents to the American school counterpart and frankly, with my stats, I probably wouldn't have gotten in anyway. My question is this: should I voluntarily withdraw my application and eliminate myself, for a chance to be reviewed earlier? I have no clue how it works but I was thinking maybe because I applied to so many programs, they're delayed with my applications as they have to go through and assess them all. At the same time I don't want to sell myself short and lose an opportunity if withdrawing the application won't get me assessed sooner. I'd love to hear any advice you guys might have. stats: cGPA 3.65 (per OLSAS, its slightly higher in my province) LSAT: 157 (Jan) L2: 3.9
  9. Mine says the same thing as OP's and has been saying that since December. I haven't graduated yet though so I do have a red X where it says final, official transcript. I hope I'm still being reviewed though 😫😫
  10. I'm in the same boat! Just got rejected from UofT today too haha. I'm saving my freaking out until end of April though because I'm expecting another big wave after people accept/decline their offers (deadline April 1st)
  11. Also rejected today :))) cGPA: 3.65 (OLSAS) L2: 3.9 LSAT: 157 Wouldn't have been able to afford living in Toronto anyway 🥲🥲🥲
  12. Haha I felt that way too until I saw everyone else's stats who are still waiting! Now I'm just dead inside and happy to be involved
  13. My best guess is that they're waiting until the April 1st acceptance deadline to see how many spots open up (from previously accepted candidates who declined their offers) before doing another big round. I'm resigned to not hearing back until at least April 🥲
  14. Omg congratulations! That is so exciting. Would you mind sharing your stats and when you heard the decision from uOttawa?
  15. Hi y'all, My dream program is uOttawa's JD/MA with Carleton's NPSIA Master of International Affairs because I want go into immigration/international law. I know that we have to get accepted separately by both schools and I'm still waiting to hear back from both. My Uozone says my application is under evaluation and my Carleton Central says my application is under review by the department. I'm just wondering if anyone else has already been accepted into the JD/MA program by both schools or at least heard a decision from Carleton yet? If so were there any extra steps you had to do to accept the offers? (i.e do you have to pay a separate deposit for Carleton, etc) My stats are: cGPA 3.65 (OLSAS), L2 3.9, LSAT 157.
×
×
  • Create New...