Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About marsbar

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

782 profile views
  1. Ah totally, I hear you. Especially in terms of housing - obviously places want a deposit to secure the space you're renting, which is a bit daunting since you don't know whether you'll be able to make the move or not. I've actually already started looking for housing and have potentially secured a spot contingent to paying a deposit and signing my lease agreement, however I'm a bit reluctant to go forward with the agreement since idk if I'll be able to move & don't want to lose out on a deposit lol. As if making a transition like this isn't stressful enough 😪
  2. At TRU they’re providing that option. I assume you just email/call admin & let them know that you intend to defer payment but you accept the offer.
  3. Haha yeah I’m definitely sharing the same concerns, especially since I had been planning to move to a different Provence soon for 1L. Learning via zoom would especially suck with the time difference... so it’s more likely than not that schools will remain closed for the fall? I know we’re supposed to accept the social distancing measures as the new normal until a vaccine is created, but not sure if that means to the same extent... I’m hoping that maybe schools will perhaps reopen with social distancing/ extra sanitization measures in place, but I know that is an idealistic, if not utopian dream lol. what are those of you who were planning to be studying in different provinces doing in the upcoming months? Are you still planning for a move or are you planning to be learning from your home province?
  4. update: I got approved! A paralegal I work with connected me with an amazing bank rep from scota in BC. I've gotten his permission to share his contact info, so if anyone would like it, DM me!
  5. hey guys, how do you think the COVID 19 will affect the timing to apply? I was going to wait a couple weeks to finish my application since i recently paid off my visa card (a few weeks ago) and I was just waiting for it to be reflected with the credit Bureau before I apply. However, now I'm not sure if the monthly reporting to the Bureau's will be delayed with the restricting of business operations.. also, I've heard that things will become more restricted in the days to come - this is only what I've heard and I'm not sure how valid this is!
  6. Hey guys.. not sure if this is the right place for this, but what do you guys think this means for those of us going into L1 in the fall? I'm supposed to be moving from BC to Halifax to attend Dal... obviously this will HOPEFULLY be rectified by then, but you never know.
  7. I was asking for representatives based on personal experience - as it has been noted in many forums, some reps advocate for applicants much more than others. However, thank you for sharing! Much appreciated.
  8. Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone had the contact info for any bank reps that really advocated for them for a PLOC. I'm really nervous about getting approved for one - I don't have someone who could co sign for me. I've never defaulted/ made late payments on a payments on my Visa card (the only indication of credit I have), but my credit utilization wasn't great. I wasn't aware that that was such a huge factor, and paid off my card completely since checking Equifax and seeing that it was affecting my score (on feb 29). I was advised by a friend who works in finance that once paying off my card (so Long that I have no defaults/ late payments on record), my score should go up in a couple months. My score isn't bad, but it is below the Canadian average. Hopefully I can bring it up in the upcoming months by keeping my card utilization at 0%. If you guys have any information on particular representatives that helped you, I would really appreciate the information! You can message me directly if that suits you. I will also note that I'm a BC resident and hoping for representatives in BC.
  9. Accepted last week! However, I will be accepting my offer to Dal & will be notifying TRU today. Congratulations everyone! CGPA: 3.54 OLSAS CGPA: 3.47 L2: 3.96 LSAT: 156 Strong personal statement and references. Also a lot of leadership (president and founder of legal association during my B.A.), volunteer, and work (paralegal/ LAA) experience. I also got my B.A. in legal studies. BC resident.
  10. Does anyone know if we’re required to send in any transcripts for this (spring) semester if we’ve already received an offer/ if our offer is contingent on this semester? im finishing off the last semester of my B.A. but I applied back in October (sent official transcript for that semester in December) and received my offer a few weeks ago. Just wondering!
  11. accepted a few days ago! CGPA: 3.54 OLSAS CGPA: 3.47 L2: 3.96 LSAT: 156 Strong personal statement and references. Also a lot of leadership (president and founder of legal association during my B.A.), volunteer, and work (paralegal/ LAA) experience. I also got my B.A. in legal studies. BC resident. CONGRATS EVERYONE !
  12. I recently received an offer of admission to Dal for 2020! I’m extremely excited and will be accepting the offer. does anyone have recommendations for finding housing or roommates? I’m a BC resident and I have never been to Halifax. I don’t drive so it would be ideal to live close to the university. any advice would be very much appreciated 😊.
  13. Thank you everyone. I got an offer yesterday - I guess it wasn't as awful as I thought! We'll see how the rest of the schools I have applied to interpret it. Thanks again!
  14. I got the call yesterday! over the moon OLSAS CGPA: 3.47 L2: 3.9 LSAT: 156 I was also very confident in my personal statement, and have a lot of work/ volunteer/ extra curricular experience. I believe my reference letters were quite strong. I am currently in the process of finishing my B.A. of Legal Studies (in my fourth year). GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I cannot wait to meet you all
  • Create New...