1. Use Cerlox binding. I had the advantage of a binding machine and an unlimited amount of tabs during articling, but you could get it done at Staples for a decent price.
2. Bind each topic separately, with the exception of the rules and the bylaws (together they will make up your PR section). Rules first then bylaws. I did the same thing for the rules and bylaws indices. These are the only topics you will bind together. So in total I had 18 separately bound materials (crim, public, civ lit, family, PR (B), x5 indices (B), real estate, estates, business, PR (S), x4 indices (S).
3. Bind the table of contents and the detail table of contents together. 1 for B and 1 for S. I barely used them.
4. I also made small packages for each section with flowcharts, and most importantly time limitation tables.
5. As for tabbing, I tabbed my materials by chapter number and brief title of the chapter (for e.g in real estate it would say 50, PA). Chapter 50 is the planning Act. Regarding tabbing indices, alphabetical order is the way to go obviously.
6. I found myself adding certain keywords by hand on the indices which were missing from the OLE ones. I don't recall if any of the additions came in handy on the test though.