I apologize if this post is a bit lengthy, but I need some advice in light of my circumstances.
I wrote the LSAT a couple of years ago a bit naive and unprepared, and ended up coming out with a 147. After getting cold feet with applications, and instead spending the last couple years in a Master's program, I've decided to take another shot at law school. I've completed applications, and though I've indicated on OLSAS that I intend to write the LSAT in both December and February, I was hoping I would score competitively enough in December that I'm not relying on a last-ditch effort in February. In the week leading up to the December exam, I had been scoring in the 157-161 range, and was feeling quite good that this score would at least keep me in the race until I can potentially improve in February.
Anyhow, I had a setback during the December sitting that I'm worried has left me in a bad spot for my applications. To make a long story short, I came down with a case of the nerves, and by the time section 1 had started, I had to use the washroom so badly that I couldn't fully concentrate. This happened in spite of the fact that I had used the washroom just before being seated. After getting about halfway through the section, I put up my hand and tore off to the washroom, sacrificing a couple minutes before coming in and completing the remainder of the section - save for about 5 questions. While I didn't finish any shorter of the finish than I generally do in prep testing, I'm worried that my focus was compromised and that I perhaps got some of the questions I completed incorrect. I'm also worried that this affected my composure for the rest of the test.
I wondered about cancelling my score, but given that one of the four schools I have applied to does not accept an LSAT score later than December 2017, I'm worried that cancelling might leave me in a worse spot than otherwise (i.e. only reported score would be a 147). I'm afraid, however, that if this score does indeed come out poorly, I will be a write off should my application cross any desk before a February score is reported. I suppose my question is: am I better off cancelling and improving in February, or should I let the score stand, and run the risk of applying with two poor scores and a (hopefully) improved one? I am just uncertain of what kind of red flags are raised if I have a record of, say, 147, low-150s, and low-160s versus a record of just 147, and low-160s.
I hope I've articulated the situation and my questions clearly - any help would be deeply appreciated.