Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About hlaw

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

424 profile views
  1. hlaw


    I have a bunch of PTs available! I have individual PTS 72-77 ($5 each), and the 10 Actual LSAT PTs (29-38 and 62-71) for $20 each. I also have the Manhattan LR Prep book that has quite a bit of writing in it, but that I can sell for $15. Let me know if you're interested in purchasing anything
  2. hlaw

    Accepted to Ottawa 2018

    Checked uoZone just now and saw that I've been admitted! cGPA: 3.57 LSAT: 161 (December 2017)
  3. Hey all, My (self-calculated) GPA with drops is 3.79 and currently my LSAT score is 161 but I will be re-writing next week. It seems from previous years that my index score as it stands is not competitive, but if I increase my LSAT score by even a point it jumps to 902.3. Does that leave me with a decent shot at UVIC? Thanks!
  4. hlaw

    Accepted to Queen's 2018

    I was accepted with my December LSAT score
  5. hlaw

    Accepted to Queen's 2018

    Accepted today! cGPA: 3.57, B2: around 3.8 LSAT: 161
  6. hlaw

    In Queue 2018

    Finally in the queue as of January 10th lol OLSAS CGPA: 3.57 LSAT: 161 (December), but will be re-writing in Feb.
  7. No they do not put a delay on your file if you have competitive stats. I read on their website that they do, so I called to confirm and he said that even if you are writing the February LSAT, they would not delay your file if you were competitive. And since you're going to be de-registering anyway, it'll show up in their system so you have nothing to worry about! 92 is auto-admit, so you're in the clear, don't bother re-writing haha. There's already been people admitted in the 91.5+ range.
  8. I wrote in December as well and noticed that they were posted onto OLSAS today. So hopefully all the schools we've applied to will be getting them soon. I read somewhere that they may not be receiving them until mid-January, would be best to call probably to make sure!
  9. Wow okay! Thanks for the input haha, I'll be a nervous wreck if I have to be waiting that long
  10. Hey all, I just received my Dec. LSAT score and received a 161 (huge 10 point jump from September). Currently my Index is around a 90.9 and I'm most likely going to be writing in February because I'm unsure if my Index score will suffice in getting admitted. Is there any shot for me getting in with this index score later on through the waitlist or should I definitely go ahead and re-write in February to increase my chances? Thanks and happy holidays
  11. I hadn't thought of having a study buddy, I'll see if any of my friends are willing haha, thanks! Hm, I reallllllllly wish the Sept/Dec ones started at 12 because I have a huge issue with waking up.. but I'm going to force myself to wake up early everyday from now until September to get my body's internal clock in shape. June is just far too late for me to take the exam :/
  12. Haha, no I appreciate the long winded reply! it was really descriptive and helpful to a beginner like me. I'm aiming for at least a 165, but I guess it's hard to gauge whether I'll hit that mark at this moment. If it took you around 9 months to hit the 160s, it might be take just as long if not longer :/ I recently bought the 7Sage ultimate package so hopefully it'll be helpful, everyone seems to rave about it while saying prep courses like Kaplan are a waste of time + money. I'll keep all of your recommendations in mind when studying though. Thanks again for all of your advice, I really appreciate it!
  13. I have the past 36 ones! How many PTs should I do in preparation? I guess that's a hard question to ask haha, but I'm not sure if 36 is too little or too much. Sweet, thanks for sharing that with me. I'm no genius and my memory isn't too sharp so I'm glad to hear it'll still be valuable. I just hear so much talk about wasted PTs so I wasn't sure whether to be wary of that. That's a good idea, I'll try and not write on them at all then to save them for the December LSAT if needed. Thanks for all the responses guys!
  14. Thanks for the advice! The only thing that worries me about writing in September and December is that I will likely have exhausted many of the PTs for the September LSAT which will leave me with less material for December. If I'm writing in September I want to get as many tests in as possible and not think of December as a fall back (although it can be). I hope that makes sense! Doing another diagnostic is also a good idea, I'm just starting off so I will look into it in a couple weeks time. I'm almost done my degree, I just have 1 summer course so luckily school or work will not be conflicting with my studying. I'm definitely going to go along with what you said by coming to a decision later on, hopefully the studying pays off!
  15. Hello all, Long time lurker, first time poster I have begun using 7Sage to study for the LSAT, which I am hoping to write for the first time on September 16th, 2017. However, the course strongly suggests that 3-4 months is not nearly enough time to score well enough on the LSAT so now I am unsure if I should wait until December to write, as I am also taking a condensed summer course for the next 6 weeks that will definitely seep into my studying time. I took a cold diagnostic last year and scored a 145 which probably means I'm in pretty rough shape. The UBC website says that they start accepting applicants in late November on a rolling basis, so would writing on December 2nd negatively impact my admission chances since they'll be reviewing my application later? I am also worried that if needed, re-writing in February would lower my chances even more (although they do accept the February writing). Currently I'm sitting at around a 83% average (from UBC) so I have to do pretty well on the LSAT. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it!