SammyS

Student AID BC VS Scotia LOC

Hello,

I am very confused about what is a better option. If anybody could give me insight that would be great.

Thanks

Be aware though that any BC loans you take might reduce the amount of your PSLOC you can receive. CHECK WITH YOUR BANK!!

Student loans won’t incur interest until after you’re done school and enter repayment while a line of credit will incur interest as soon as you touch it. 

18 hours ago, MissJE said:

Be aware though that any BC loans you take might reduce the amount of your PSLOC you can receive. CHECK WITH YOUR BANK!!

Thanks for this information, I just got approved with scotiabank, and was waiting on student loans to be approved. I will talk to the bank tomorrow. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I never really had any professors I hated - I had profs I wasn't fond of their teaching style, but since every student varies on that it's REALLY hard to find out if a certain prof is 'good' or not. For instance, I disliked Fadel as a prof, but part of that was that I had him for Biz Org which is like the opposite of my area of interest. So coupling a lack of interest in the class with his teaching style made it seem worse than his teaching style probably was. Ultimately I find a great prof can help make even dry material seem fun, and a bad prof can make good material much less interesting, but you probably won't find too many profs you just can't learn from. And worse case scenario, you can do a lot of the learning on your own too!
    • I have an LLM (in the field of law I planned to/do practice in) and I got it right after my JD and before articling/getting Called. I doubt it has been the sole reason I got my articling position or my job after I got Called, but I was told by my principal that he found the LLM very impressive. I didn't do it to be more employable but rather because I wanted to and I enjoyed the area of law, but I think that it certainly can't have hurt my employability.   (Not even remotely in the IP field so can't speak to anything specific to that field).
    • Did you have prior litigation experience? 
    • I made a transition myself after articling, went from solicitor work into a litigation practice. Did it through sheer networking. Its difficult but very possible.
    • Hello everyone, just had a quick question here. Do most Canadian law schools accept the February LSAT for admission for that year? Which ones don't? Also, are you less likely to get in somewhere with your Feb lsat? Do spots usually fill up by then?   Thanks