hermionegranger

2019/2020 Toronto Articling Recruit (ITC Emails for Interviews)

Has anyone heard about Owens Wright, Chaitons or Keel Cottrelle or whether they do ITCs?

10 minutes ago, bloopscoop said:

ITC Hicks Morley 

you're doing super well this recruit friend

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, hmyo said:

you're doing super well this recruit friend

Thank you! :) Hopefully it ends with a good result. Haven't gotten every interview I've wanted, but definitely still pleased. 

Good luck to you all! In my opinion, this is the most nerve wracking period other than in-firm week 

Asking for a friend, has anyone heard anything from any criminal defence firms or crown offices? 

On call day, are we obligated to accept/decline the interview on the spot or are we allowed to consider and call back? (obviously without taking too much time).

I ask because by looking at the last year's thread, half the places I applied to do not send ITCs. I'll have no way of knowing  which of them will be extending me interviews until they call on Friday.  

24 minutes ago, hopefulcynic said:

On call day, are we obligated to accept/decline the interview on the spot or are we allowed to consider and call back? (obviously without taking too much time).

I ask because by looking at the last year's thread, half the places I applied to do not send ITCs. I'll have no way of knowing  which of them will be extending me interviews until they call on Friday.  

My plan was to take the interview and if I start getting too full (fat chance for me though) I'd just call back and say thanks but no thanks. There's no obligation to stick with the interview if other opportunities come up, as far as I'm aware. I stand to be corrected though. 

I mean, you don't want to go and they certainly don't want to waste their time interviewing someone who doesn't want to be there. 

3 hours ago, sman99 said:

Has anyone heard from Deloitte?

3 hours ago, bloopscoop said:

Haven't heard

PFO'd by them an hour ago.

Does anyone know approximately how many candidates each firm interviews? And if there is a waitlist how will you know what place you are on it or if you are even on a waitlist. 

5 hours ago, hopefulcynic said:

You accept/schedule or reject on the spot. Scheduling is hectic on both sides, and it's not like an offer where you can consider. Most people deal with some unpredictability on call day - you do the best you can, double/overbook if you absolutely have to, then do damage control / shuffling later as possible.

16 minutes ago, jennaanne said:

Does anyone know approximately how many candidates each firm interviews? And if there is a waitlist how will you know what place you are on it or if you are even on a waitlist. 

It's often ~10 people per spot.

Official waitlists aren't generally a thing, as far as I've ever seen. If there is a waitlist, I doubt you'd be able to find out exactly where you are on it. If you don't get an interview from a place you're really into, it can be a good idea to follow up with them (a couple hours after the calling frenzy has ended), express your interest, and tell them that you'd really like to come in if a space opens up later. People cancel, it happens from time to time. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, angel133 said:

Asking for a friend, has anyone heard anything from any criminal defence firms or crown offices? 

ITC Greenspan Humphrey Weinstein this afternoon. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, pzabbythesecond said:

Wow. Congrats!

Thank you! 

what other firms are people still waiting on ITCs from?

Just now, hmyo said:

what other firms are people still waiting on ITCs from?

I'm interested in hearing anything about any Crown offices dealing with criminal law and any criminal defence firms.