If you go to MyOsgoode and click "schedules and timetables", they have them posted for fall 2018 and winter 2019. Hopefully we find out which section we're in soon! 

• Like 4

LOL for a second I thought your post was also going to say that sections were announced! 

6 minutes ago, NapoleonBonaparte said:

What's faculty council and legal and lit? Do we have to attend those? I know L&L is the student government but why is it on the timetable?

It’s on the schedule so that no classes are scheduled then, in order to leave the time open for their meetings.  You only attend if you’re part of it.  If you’re not part of it, that time is free for lunch, etc. 

• Like 1

Anyone know what the state and citizen at night is for? Gotta apply if you just would rather take it at night for 3 hours as opposed to throughout the week?

Also I just got an email from housing re: chambers. I put 1 bedroom as my first choice but they said they could only offer me the bachelor (not the 'studio' large bachelor)

5 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

Also I just got an email from housing re: chambers. I put 1 bedroom as my first choice but they said they could only offer me the bachelor (not the 'studio' large bachelor)

I'm still waiting to hear back and I also had the 1 bedroom as my first choice. Did they explain why they couldn't offer you a 1 bedroom?

15 minutes ago, NapoleonBonaparte said:

I'm still waiting to hear back and I also had the 1 bedroom as my first choice. Did they explain why they couldn't offer you a 1 bedroom?

No! This was the email:

Hello,

Thank you for your application to the York Apartments. Unfortunately, we could not accommodate your 1st choice of a 1-bedroom apartment at Osgoode Chambers.  We can offer you a furnished bachelor apartment at Osgoode Chambers.  The rental rate is $ 972 per month.  Move-ins are now arranged for the 1st and 15th of each month throughout the year.  Please confirm if this alternative option is suitable by Friday, July 6th .

1 minute ago, Inconspicuous said:

No! This was the email:

Hello,

Thank you for your application to the York Apartments. Unfortunately, we could not accommodate your 1st choice of a 1-bedroom apartment at Osgoode Chambers.  We can offer you a furnished bachelor apartment at Osgoode Chambers.  The rental rate is $ 972 per month.  Move-ins are now arranged for the 1st and 15th of each month throughout the year.  Please confirm if this alternative option is suitable by Friday, July 6th .

I'm somewhat concerned since I haven't even heard back yet. Are you going to take the bachelor?

Just now, NapoleonBonaparte said:

I'm somewhat concerned since I haven't even heard back yet. Are you going to take the bachelor?

I'd go ahead and shoot them email by tmw if you haven't heard. Did you firm accept osgoode and apply for chambers by June 15th though? 

Yeah I'm gonna take it. Will probably look elsewhere for 2nd and 3rd year though. 

26 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

I'd go ahead and shoot them email by tmw if you haven't heard. Did you firm accept osgoode and apply for chambers by June 15th though? 

Yeah I'm gonna take it. Will probably look elsewhere for 2nd and 3rd year though. 

Yes I did everything before the deadline. I'll probably call tomorrow just to see what's going on with my housing application.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Inconspicuous said:

Anyone know what the state and citizen at night is for? Gotta apply if you just would rather take it at night for 3 hours as opposed to throughout the week?

Heard this was an alternative time slot for those who had commitments they couldn’t miss during the day 

Edited by LivePumpkin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Inconspicuous said:

Hopefully we find out which section we're in soon! 

Apparently we'll find out during the third week of July! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Inconspicuous said:

No! This was the email:

Hello,

I got the same email. What concerns me is that it mentions "move-in are arranged for 1st and 15th". I don't recall they have said anything on the webpage. I am somehow under the impression that you can move in as long as you have checked in. I wonder whether this means that if I arrive on the 16th, I have to wait until the 1st of the next month (which sounds totally unreasonable but that's indeed my first impression when reading this). Or it can mean that I can nevertheless move in on the 16th but I will be charged starting from the 15th. I have emailed back to ask about it. (Perhaps it's just me being dumb? )

Edited by Mocha

1 hour ago, Mocha said:

I got the same email. What concerns me is that it mentions "move-in are arranged for 1st and 15th". I don't recall they have said anything on the webpage. I am somehow under the impression that you can move in as long as you have checked in. I wonder whether this means that if I arrive on the 16th, I have to wait until the 1st of the next month (which sounds totally unreasonable but that's indeed my first impression when reading this). Or it can mean that I can nevertheless move in on the 16th but I will be charged starting from the 15th. I have emailed back to ask about it. (Perhaps it's just me being dumb? )

I understood it as you could only move in on the 1st or the 15th. No idea though. Definitely ask. 

I click on the suggested tab ( schedules and timetables) in myosgoode and all I see is upper year and first year but neither are hyperlinks to anything else 

Is this just me  lol ?

8 hours ago, DA2 said:

It’s on the schedule so that no classes are scheduled then, in order to leave the time open for their meetings.  You only attend if you’re part of it.  If you’re not part of it, that time is free for lunch, etc. 

It’s also for clubs. Basically, all the clubs mainly do their scheduled activities (like speakers or panels) during the L&L and Student Caucus time slots. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Timmies123 said:

I click on the suggested tab ( schedules and timetables) in myosgoode and all I see is upper year and first year but neither are hyperlinks to anything else 

Is this just me  lol ?

Someone in the facebook group had the same issue. There's been a suggestion posted in that thread.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Timmies123 said:

Is this just me  lol ?

I'm having the same problem. If I'm logged into my account, all I see is upper year/first year. If I sign out, I'm able to see all the upper year/first year schedules. It's really strange! 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, yolandi94 said:

I'm having the same problem. If I'm logged into my account, all I see is upper year/first year. If I sign out, I'm able to see all the upper year/first year schedules. It's really strange! 

10 hours ago, Timmies123 said:

Is this just me  lol ?

Just an update- I e-mailed Osgoode's IT and they fixed it for me! If you're still having issues with it, e-mail them :)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We're officially in July. The slow and agonizing countdown to registration will soon be over. Just three more weeks now. Happy Canada day everyone.

Edited by NapoleonBonaparte
  • Like 1