mantis1

Still on Wait List?

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well.
I was waitlisted around February 16th for the regular JD and I am still on the wait list only seven or so days before the admissions process is over...I don't know what is going on or what to expect. My gut feeling is that it will be a rejection if it is taking them this long to send any response, but I don't know. I have called Ms. Herlehy many times on the status of my application, and the most she keeps telling me is that they are cutting from the bottom of the list and that it's a good thing I am still on the list...Is anyone else still on the wait list? Does anyone have more information on this?

The admissions process isn't "over" in seven days. They can and do keep people on the list until early September (my life last year). The deadline in a few days is just when tentative acceptances become firm. There will likely still be movement on the waitlist from July 3rd to August 31st. How much really depends on some luck on your side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mantis1 said:

@LegalArmada  Thanks a ton for the clarification. I wasn't aware of that. Did you get accepted last year?

Unfortunately not. Windsor told me I was basically right at the top towards the end, but what can you do. Going to Dalhousie in September this year :) !

If you don't get in, CALL Windsor in September and get feedback. Seriously, I wish I had. The personal statement is crazy important to Windsor. 

• Like 1

@LegalArmada CONGRATULATIONS! That's incredible. Halifax is stunning. Wishing you all the best! :D 
And thanks for the feedback. Ms. Herlehy kept telling me that the longer you're on the wait list, the better--but I guess you just don't know until you know. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, weaslaw said:

@LegalArmada do you remember around when last year you were waitlisted? Congrats on Dal btw!

I think it was late March to early April. But that was last year. Windsor might as well be the wild west of admissions. A 3.2/168 student might be accepted in February one year, and a similar student rejected in January the next. It's crazy how much it comes down to (and I quote), "One person on the admissions committee really gunning for you," and the personal statement. 

For reference, I waitlisted until September last year, and rejected in January this year with a 162-166 jump in LSAT for my application. 

Edited by LegalArmada

8 minutes ago, LegalArmada said:

I think it was late March to early April. But that was last year. Windsor might as well be the wild west of admissions. A 3.2/168 student might be accepted in February one year, and a similar student rejected in January the next. It's crazy how much it comes down to (and I quote), "One person on the admissions committee really gunning for you," and the personal statement. 

For reference, I waitlisted until September last year, and rejected in January this year with a 162-166 jump in LSAT for my application. 

Welp I guess there’s no real way of estimating! Thanks so much for the extremely thorough response 

Hey, I was waitlisted on March 20th and I'm still chilling on the list. Through my annoyance, Francine informed me that after July 3rd they would start rapidly going through the waitlist.

17 hours ago, madmax7 said:

Hey, I was waitlisted on March 20th and I'm still chilling on the list. Through my annoyance, Francine informed me that after July 3rd they would start rapidly going through the waitlist.

Hey! Do you know if this rapidly going through the waitlist applies just to the single program or the dual as well?  

Thanks 😊 

4 minutes ago, chiclawyer07 said:

Hey! Do you know if this rapidly going through the waitlist applies just to the single program or the dual as well?  

Thanks 😊 

July 3rd is the date that provisional acceptances turn firm on OLSAS, so it is relevant for the dual program as well.

• Thanks 1