1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 895

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   43 Members, 1 Anonymous, 102 Guests (See full list)

• Mountebank
    • Volenti
    • scooter
    • BHC1
    • Romanu
    • Fell
    • LMP
    • e4bu
    • Lapalais
    • Surgames
    • WiseGhost
    • ZineZ
    • picassolasso
    • Yogurt Baron
    • Chef Justice
    • Psychometronic
    • CB2021
    • Alli306
    • Ribbons
    • bubbles
    • Lararine
    • t799
    • 2003consumed
    • lawstudent2024
    • BonhommeCarnival
    • soundofconfusion
    • Manicero
    • VoirDear
    • helloall
    • Nono406
    • Icy-Appearance-1906
    • Mr Mango 77
    • Dinsdale
    • Arya_Dharma
    • aspiringoliviapope
    • Psmith
    • EternalBeginning
    • jessf
    • Ob16
    • Legallyanxious
    • itslegallyme
    • Monkey1234
    • certified18

• Recent Posts

• LMP
      This is obviously a personal choice, but in my view there isn't much to be gained from another year of undergrad.  If you were going to do an interesting job or have a certian unique experince I'd get that, but just doing another year of undergrad? I don't think it is needed. The exception would be if you're absolutely set on aiming for a higher LSAT and different school. I know you mentioned UofT is your goal. If that's truly the case and you absolutely want it (and can justify that desire) then take the year. But beyond that I don't think there's any advantage to waiting. 
    • LMP
      You could. Technically you can honestly fill out the bi-weekly check-in and be eligible under the conditions you've mentioned.  But the skepticism seems to be that students would actually do that. And I don't disagree. I don't think very many people would be genuinely looking for employment and be willing to accept it while waiting to start full-time.  Having said that, with 8-month articling being a thing now it may become more common to take this route and genuinely be seeking employment. 
    • ZineZ
      I agree. OP - take the extra year before going to the rigors of law school.  If you were sold on your other choices, it would be different. But it sounds more like you're going a bit more half-heartedly. You're not "saving a year of your life" - you're spending some more time to take another shot at what you want. And undergrad is a bit easier/more fun. Enjoy it.
    • Dinsdale
      That doesn't sound like someone who enjoys undergraduate life or sees much value in getting an honours (four year) degree.  "I would have wasted a year for no reason".  My point is that, for me, those undergraduate years were not a waste at all, but were some of the best of my life.  If you don't feel that way, then yes, the choice is probably to start law school.  But I wouldn't count on transferring after 1L.  As you say, the odds of that are quite low.  Plus, you would have missed out on the formative 1L experience at U of T and would be joining a new school as something of an outsider -- worst of both worlds if you ask me, but YMMV.   
    • Dinsdale
      Probably little to no difference in collegiality or small group structure between the two schools.  They have roughly similar numbers in the 2L recruit.  No discernible difference in getting you to New York, if that is your ultimate goal. It's very unlikely you'll get a 1L Bay Street job out of either school, so I wouldn't even think about that as a factor, let alone stress over it.  Both are great schools and you'll probably be happy at either.  Definitely get yourself to Kingston before April 1 so that you can judge them both on an equal footing.  Kingston is much closer to NY state than London, if that matters?  35 minutes to the Ivy Lea bridge.  
    • WiseGhost
      Même question, je n'ai rien reçu de NRF.
    • lawschool01
      change of plans, the apartment won't be available until June 1, 2024. 1 year lease is required.
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.