MNT

Experience transferring to UCalgary?

Hi There! I'm attempting to transfer to UCalgary for 2L. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has gone this route and would be willing to chat with me about it. 

Best, 

MNT

U of C rules, best of luck with your transferring. 

If you don’t get enough replies I’d recommend contacting one of the class Facebook groups and they could potentially put you in touch with someone who has transferred to U of C recently. Alternatively, the administrative services could possibly help you out through the student ‘government’

1 hour ago, Dreamer89 said:

U of C rules, best of luck with your transferring. 

If you don’t get enough replies I’d recommend contacting one of the class Facebook groups and they could potentially put you in touch with someone who has transferred to U of C recently. Alternatively, the administrative services could possibly help you out through the student ‘government’

Thanks! I'll certainly check your suggestions out. 

Thought I would post for future reference - I was accepted as a transfer student to U of C today. 

• Like 2

Fantastic news, I am sure we will come across one another next year. All the best, note course registration is coming up very soon. So if you can find some time to make a course plan, the course/class schedule is available now so ask the main law office for a copy so you know what courses are being offered which semester. 

30 minutes ago, Dreamer89 said:

Fantastic news, I am sure we will come across one another next year. All the best, note course registration is coming up very soon. So if you can find some time to make a course plan, the course/class schedule is available now so ask the main law office for a copy so you know what courses are being offered which semester. 

That had totally slipped my mind! Thanks so much, I’ll check in with them. 

Also join the class group on Facebook. 

University of Calgary Faculty of Law Class of 2020

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know whether UofC transfers grades or if you're required to submit your past transcripts for job opportunities? I am transferring to an Ontario school and they only give you credit for first year courses but do not convert grades. This requires me to leave the school that I am transferring from on my resume

Edited by Trew

14 minutes ago, Dreamer89 said:

Also join the class group on Facebook. 

University of Calgary Faculty of Law Class of 2020

I did that today! Thanks for all your help. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trew said:

Does anyone know whether UofC transfers grades or if you're required to submit your past transcripts for job opportunities? I am transferring to an Ontario school and they only give you credit for first year courses but do not convert grades. This requires me to leave the school that I am transferring from on my resume

Sorry, I don’t know the answer to your question. Best of luck. 

• Like 1

You should certainly provide the transcript from the school you left from as they will not show on the official transcript of your transferee school