Hi everyone, 

Now that it's past the April 12th deadline for first round applicants, I'm wondering if anyone else has been accepted / waitlisted? Or has any idea when the rest of us can expect to hear back?

I am: university applicant, 3.7 CGPA (McGill, honours BA), lots of ECs and work experience (although didn't talk about them at all in my PS, which I regret), fluent French, decent (I think) LORs. No LSAT. Getting seriously anxious, I need to plan my life out for next fall and I'd really, really like to go to McGill law. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stressedrefresher said:

Getting seriously anxious, I need to plan my life out for next fall and I'd really, really like to go to McGill law. 

Likewise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WaitingOnTheHorizon said:

Likewise. 

I've been lurking this forum for a while and I've seen your posts, I FEEL YOU! Crossing my fingers for both of us! 

• Like 1

I’m still waiting as well. My stats are: BA (Hons.) - 3.92/4, M.A. - 4.0/4. Both in French. I’ve also started a PhD. LORs from current Department Head of the French department and previous Department Head at my old university. No LSAT. I’m a second time applicant as I got rejected when I applied after my BA. I’m anxiously awaiting as I’ve been accepted at another university and I have a deadline to accept my offer/pay a deposit at that university. :/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure if Frankie576 hasn't heard anything yet, no mature students have. I'm also thinking with that sort of competition, it will be a miracle if I do get in lol 

Edited by jnel00
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, Frankie576 said:

I’m still waiting as well. My stats are: BA (Hons.) - 3.92/4, M.A. - 4.0/4. Both in French. I’ve also started a PhD. LORs from current Department Head of the French department and previous Department Head at my old university. No LSAT. I’m a second time applicant as I got rejected when I applied after my BA. I’m anxiously awaiting as I’ve been accepted at another university and I have a deadline to accept my offer/pay a deposit at that university. :/

Wow. I don't see how you won't get in! 

Do you know why you were rejected last time?  

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, stressedrefresher said:

Wow. I don't see how you won't get in! 

Do you know why you were rejected last time?  

I just got the generic letter that there was a lot of competition but they’d welcome me to apply again. 

I really tried to up my game this time around though as I think my personal statement was what was lacking last time - so I wrote it entirely in French this time and spent more time on it. My extracurriculars are maybe slightly lacking but I do have more work experience and I’m hoping my MA will at least be a solid soft. I remember being really upset last time when I didn’t get in and I’m sure I’ll feel much the same this time, but hey! I haven’t given up even though it’s a few years later. 

Edited by Frankie576
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Frankie576 said:

I just got the generic letter that there was a lot of competition but they’d welcome me to apply again. 

I would like that we are all admitted. I would like to work with people who have the same interests and passion as I do. This will be my first and my last shot at applying.   McGill is my #1 choice for its program and international capabilities.  I can speak three languages, I have lived in four countries and  I am getting too old to apply again next year (I would be 40 when I graduate).   I know this is what I want and I know that I have what it takes. If I get rejected, I know that it was a very hard fight and the people who got admitted deserved it to the fullest.  Let's NOT give up hope, people!  We have not been rejected yet.    

• Like 5

How do i know if I'm in the waitlist? My minerva status is "Ready for Review". Is that a god new? Would I know if I was rejected?

Thanks

2 hours ago, ABaillargeon said:

How do i know if I'm in the waitlist? My minerva status is "Ready for Review". Is that a god new? Would I know if I was rejected?

Thanks

Your Minerva status would be updated to Waitlisted, Admitted, or Refused. If it is still at Ready for Review, it means they haven't made a decision about you yet or are still processing your file. I'm in the same boat! Try not to check too often ;) They will send you an e-mail either way! 

• Like 2

just got on the list, do you guys know how it works ?? 

41 minutes ago, tar1996 said:

Were you advised by email or just checked Minerva? 

55 minutes ago, zaraaddict101 said:

Were you advised by email or just checked Minerva? 

i checked minerva 

1 hour ago, tar1996 said:

Are you a CEGEP candidate?

19 minutes ago, jnel00 said:

Are you a CEGEP candidate?

univeristy apllicant 

To all the people who got waitlisted, did you get at least an interview with the university or some sort of contact from the Faculty of Law before getting your response?

Waitlisted today and thrilled to be!!! :D 

CGPA upon applying: 3.45, CGPA after spring semester: 3.44, CGPA after winter semester: 3.50

LSAT: 160

Good ECs, Good PS, Diversity factor

I got an email letting me know a decision had been reached. 

No interview as of yet, however, I've taken french courses at McGill my 4 years here!

Waitlisted is one step closer to admission! :lol:

• Like 4