Hey guys,

I wanted to start a waitlist thread so we can keep track of how many offers have gone out!

39 minutes ago, lawlebron said:

Waitlisted. I have a waitlist spot in the 50s. 

I'm in the 30's. Hoping the waitlist will move significantly this year as it has in the past!

1 hour ago, Morgan67 said:

I'm in the 30's. Hoping the waitlist will move significantly this year as it has in the past!

I've crept previous years threads and it seems to always go into the 70s. Hopefully, it does again! 

13 minutes ago, Ampersand said:

How many did they take off the waitlist last year?

I know they got up to at least 52 via the admitted thread for 2017

6 minutes ago, octoputin said:

Waitlisted at number 11 over here....

Congrats!! :-D It seems as though quite a few people have declined their spots when I looked at the acceptance thread.  I wonder if those spots go to people off the waitlist or if they have already been filled prior to the waitlist being created

1 minute ago, Morgan67 said:

Congrats!! :-D It seems as though quite a few people have declined their spots when I looked at the acceptance thread.  I wonder if those spots go to people off the waitlist or if they have already been filled prior to the waitlist being created

Thanks.

I guess time will tell...good luck.

9 minutes ago, octoputin said:

Thanks.

I guess time will tell...good luck.

Good luck to you as well! Keep us posted!

• Thanks 1

When I talked to Marie from admissions she said they don't start considering applicants from the wait list just yet. Does anyone know how this works? I'm a bit confused because I know people have declined their offers so who is taking their spots if not those of us on the waitlist?

6 hours ago, kyle009 said:

When I talked to Marie from admissions she said they don't start considering applicants from the wait list just yet. Does anyone know how this works? I'm a bit confused because I know people have declined their offers so who is taking their spots if not those of us on the waitlist?

I believe that those who were offered spots from Individual Consideration or the Indigenous category have until a couple of days into April to formally accept or decline their offers, which could explain why waitlisted folks have yet to hear back. 

15 hours ago, bambi00 said:

I believe that those who were offered spots from Individual Consideration or the Indigenous category have until a couple of days into April to formally accept or decline their offers, which could explain why waitlisted folks have yet to hear back. 

That could definitely be why. In previous years' threads I've seen that it has been speculated that U of M oversubscribes their classes. Wondering if there is any truth to this.

Posted (edited)

Number 4 here. Wishing everyone good luck! First school I've heard back from that was a rejection so I'm pretty excited.

Edited by ThePookyBear

12 minutes ago, ThePookyBear said:

Number 4 here. Wishing everyone good luck! First school I've heard back from that was a rejection so I'm pretty excited.

That's so exciting to be so close to the top of the waitlist!  Let us know when you hear back!

26 minutes ago, ThePookyBear said:

Do you mean that wasn't a rejection? Do you mind sharing your index score?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, kyle009 said:

Do you mean that wasn't a rejection? Do you mind sharing your index score?

My apologies. I was rejected from U of C, still waiting to hear back from U of A and U of S. 

My index score was 74.964. I'll let everyone know when I hear back from U of M.

Edited by ThePookyBear

17 hours ago, ThePookyBear said:

My apologies. I was rejected from U of C, still waiting to hear back from U of A and U of S. 

My index score was 74.964. I'll let everyone know when I hear back from U of M.

Best of luck to you!  Is U of M your top choice?

I was waitlisted last week in the 20s, but I immediately had myself removed in favour of TRU. Hopefully lots of you guys get in off the waitlist!