called the admissions office to find out my status and found out that I’ll be waitlisted til the summer months, anyone else in the same boat?

cGPA confirmed: 79.49

LSAT: 167

index ~ 91.05

5 minutes ago, chicolate said:

called the admissions office to find out my status and found out that I’ll be waitlisted til the summer months, anyone else in the same boat?

index ~ 91.05

Did they mention whether they've looked at your applications at all? or were you waitlisted  based off your index score alone?

Got the same exact index score I think, lsat 160 conirmed cgpa 84.7 with drops, also told me if I don't make it through disc. They will prob put me on waitlist as well

24 minutes ago, david2234 said:

Did they mention whether they've looked at your applications at all? or were you waitlisted  based off your index score alone?

I didn’t clarify that...from what it sounds like this was solely based on my index score

7 minutes ago, Timmies123 said:

Got the same exact index score I think, lsat 160 conirmed cgpa 84.7 with drops, also told me if I don't make it through disc. They will prob put me on waitlist as well

Sorry- what does disc. mean?

On 3/1/2018 at 12:06 PM, chicolate said:

index ~ 91.05

Hey there, just wondering: did they reveal to you what your place was in the waitlist? I believe you're able to confirm this with them, right? 

7 minutes ago, Osgood said:

Hey there, just wondering: did they reveal to you what your place was in the waitlist? I believe you're able to confirm this with them, right? 

They are still waiting on feb LSAT scores so won’t be able to give me a number until after that...

• Like 1

On 05/03/2018 at 10:17 PM, Osgood said:

When I asked the admissions last year, they told me that the waitlist doesn't get "established until late spring".

2 minutes ago, Timmies123 said:

Hey for reference purposes could you share your index score?

@SuitsInspiredMe

LSAT: 161

cGPA: 3.7/4.0 from UofT (I have no idea how the UBC system/index works- just going with the flow lol)

Thanks! I'm not sure how that converts their is an online calculator tho if you ever get curious 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SuitsInspiredMe said:

I also called and was told I am on the waitlist.

Hi there - has your online status changed? I have pretty similar stats.. but my current status is still "File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation". Just wondering if I should phone in or not too. Thanks so much!

24 minutes ago, curiousgirl said:

Hi there - has your online status changed? I have pretty similar stats.. but my current status is still "File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation". Just wondering if I should phone in or not too. Thanks so much!

Yeh my current status is the same. But I called and they told me I am on waitlist. Give them a call. 

• Like 1

91.3x index score, called and will be placed on the waitlist.

No update or email though yet. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mazzystar said:

91.3x index score, called and will be placed on the waitlist.

No update or email though yet. 

Hello, so I take it it's not inappropriate to give them a call, tell them your index, and ask if you'll be put on the wait list or accepted? Or did you give them your name and they looked you up on their files and told you your chances? 

1 hour ago, Osgood said:

Hello, so I take it it's not inappropriate to give them a call, tell them your index, and ask if you'll be put on the wait list or accepted? Or did you give them your name and they looked you up on their files and told you your chances? 

Is there a reason you’re unwilling to tell them your name? 

I imagine giving them an “index” over the phone and asking them to more or less “chance” you is inappropriate. 

I also called the admissions office to find out my status (I have an offer from UVic with deposit due next week) and they informed me that I have been waitlisted ...as I had expected based on my stats below :P

cGPA (confirmed): 81.42

LSAT: 164

Index: ~ 90.97

Just gave the admissions office a call. They didn't refer to it specifically as a "waitlist" but told me that they've actually overextended their admissions offers and will be waiting until the first round of admits accept or decline (deadline of March 15) before continuing their admissions offers, including to those who have new scores from the Feb LSAT (which they haven't completely processed yet either).

They also confirmed my GPA on file. In case you're wondering, for me it was 82.86. I have a 165 LSAT which leads to a self-calculated index score of 91.55.

Because March 15 is only a week away, I'll wait a little longer but I'll likely withdraw from the waitlist to open my spot up.

Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1