Jump to content
Lou44

JD in French Ottawa 2018

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if they have started to admit people in JD French program despite the fact that you can still register till march 1st. I also applied in English as a mature student but still nothing. Trying to be patiente and stay positive but easier said than done.

thank you for any feed-back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend just got in! She also applied to the English program (has not heard from that one yet). Her GPA is 3.5+ and her statement is amazing. She is also the gold metal winner at all of her sports competitions. She has good work experience within the Uni. She is a francophone as well. I am so happy for her, she really deserves it!

My friend applied in October, and as I have said in another thread, they give priority to those who have applied before Feb. 1st. 

Have no fear, à notre tour!

 

Edited by FrenchJD18
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JDOttawa said:

did anyone write their Sketch/ Verifiers information in french? 

I did not mostly because I was also applying to english programs as well. My personal statement was of course in french however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JDOttawa  

I wrote in both languages based on the respective language I did the work/sketch in. So its a mix of both French and English. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So when paying for the application fee, should I call my bank and tell them to make the payment? (Sorry for the annoying questions by the way guys!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDOttawa said:

So when paying for the application fee, should I call my bank and tell them to make the payment? (Sorry for the annoying questions by the way guys!). 

Nevermind! Figured it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2018 at 9:48 PM, JDOttawa said:

did anyone write their Sketch/ Verifiers information in french? 

I wrote all of mine in French 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 28/02/2018 at 9:48 PM, JDOttawa said:

did anyone write their Sketch/ Verifiers information in french? 

I did PS in French and the rest in English, mostly just to show that I can also speak English since I'm from France and then undergrad was in French

Edited by FrenchJD18
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noooooo :( so hard to wait... Mais pas de nouvelles ça veut aussi dire qu’on a encore une chance que ça se soit oui.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

D'habitude c'est mi à fin Février quand ils commences à envoyer les premières lettres d'admission, mais cette année ils ont repoussé la date finale pour appliquer par 1 mois (1er mars) car dans le passé, ils n'avaient pas un nombre suffisant de candidats. Alors selon cette date, je crois que nous devrions avoir des nouvelles (au plus tôt) dans les deux semaines qui suit. Plusieurs des mes amis qui sont incrit au program de J.D en Français ont été acceptés fin mars ou avril. Ainsi, il semble normal que nous n'ayons encore rien entendu...

Ayez courage!  

Edited by SavyShark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lou44 said:

Merci pour l’information 🙂

En fait tu peux oublier mon dernier message... Je viens d'être admis!! (Je vais poster mes stats dans l'autre forum)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SavyShark said:

D'habitude c'est mi à fin Février quand ils commences à envoyer les premières lettres d'admission, mais cette année ils ont repoussé la date finale pour appliquer par 1 mois (1er mars) car dans le passé, ils n'avaient pas un nombre suffisant de candidats. Alors selon cette date, je crois que nous devrions avoir des nouvelles (au plus tôt) dans les deux semaines qui suit. Plusieurs des mes amis qui sont incrit au program de J.D en Français ont été acceptés fin mars ou avril. Ainsi, il semble normal que nous n'ayons encore rien entendu...

Ayez courage!  

Le fait qu'ils n'aient pas assez de candidats est très bon signe. 

Quelqu'un a-t-il appliqué au programme américain? 

 

Edited by FrenchJD18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrenchJD18 said:

Le fait qu'ils n'aient pas assez de candidats est très bon signe. 

Quelqu'un a-t-il appliqué au programme américain? 

 

J’ai appliqué à JD en anglais et JD LLL en anglais aussi.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SavyShark said:

En fait tu peux oublier mon dernier message... Je viens d'être admis!! (Je vais poster mes stats dans l'autre forum)

Ohhhh wow génial et félicitations.

Quand as-tu envoyé ton application et comment as-tu su que tu étais admis (uzone, courriel ou autre) ?

 

Edited by Lou44
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Lou44 said:

Ohhhh wow génial et félicitations.

Quand as-tu envoyé ton application?

@Lou44

25 Janvier mais j'estime qu'ils n'ont commencé à accepter les gens qu'après la date limite (1er mars).

Mon Status sur uoZone est changé de "under evaluation" à "Admitted" 

Veuillez-voir le forum générale pour mes stats.. 
 

 

Edited by SavyShark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, SavyShark said:

25 Janvier mais j'estime qu'ils n'ont commencé à accepter les gens qu'après la date limite (1er mars).

Merci et félicitations encore.

Edited by Lou44
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Recent Posts

    • Not all courses that I took that could transfer were on the transfer credit list especially upper lvl courses. (Didn’t transfer but they counted for my biologist in training credits) I took a 300 lvl intro to immunology, imin 371 at u of a.
    • Will you be accepting or Windsor? 😊
    • sorry and i realized one more thing- a lot of my courses (fairly content heavy) dont show up on the alberta transfer credit search tool, has that happened to anyone and their course still got transferred? thanks
    • Yup, those Harbourview Condominiums, they seem nice in pics I'm hoping they are in person too lol. Thank you so much for the quick reply and advice, it's very helpful!
    • Hey, are you talking about that complex (might be a duplex not sure) that's right past the bridge? People over-exaggerate the un-safe environment of that side of the bridge. When people say they it's sketchy, they're always referring to like Indian road and Detroit street, which are only 'sketchy' because some houses are boarded up. The complex you're looking at is like a 10 minute walk from that area, and even that area isn't honestly that bad. My opinion is totally objective btw, I've been in Windsor for 22 years and I live in more of a 'suburb' on the opposite side of the city. My advice is that when you go, if you feel like what you see at first sight is safe, then you'll be fine. What you see is exactly what you get, and it is the better part of that neighbourhood. 
×