Jump to content
Dim

Giving away a lawyer firm website

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, not sure if this is allowed by the rules but want to try anyway. 

We are a small web-design agency in Toronto and had a law firm client who pulled out last minute when his website was pretty much ready.

Since we don't want it to be just generic "template" website we will give it away for free to you if you are someone who needs a website. Below is the link to the demo: 

http://agenda.originweb.ca/index.html

It's fully responsive design, our designers developed it from the ground up and we are really proud of it. 

Only requirements from our end will be: 

- No design changes, you will get website as is, we will only upload your logo/content in

- We would love to get a testimonial we can use on our website going forward

Please let me know if anyone is interested. 

Thanks!

Dim

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally like the design (colour scheme/images/layout) but man, websites are so predictable these days. I knew what every page was going to look like as soon as I clicked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't you giving away the website by linking to it? all the source code is right there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, celli660 said:

Aren't you giving away the website by linking to it? all the source code is right there...

The php and scripts that output the HTML when the page is loaded aren't there... You would just be copying a static website that wouldnt be readily updateable or have a useable back end... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ericontario said:

The php and scripts that output the HTML when the page is loaded aren't there... You would just be copying a static website that wouldnt be readily updateable or have a useable back end... 

I laugh at the idea of lawyers regularly updating websites when I can't convince my boss to even have a placeholder website.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, celli660 said:

I laugh at the idea of lawyers regularly updating websites when I can't convince my boss to even have a placeholder website.

I've never understood this. My grandfather was looking for a law firm to manage an estate issue. He rejected 3 because they had shitty websites (typos, broken links, etc.). If you take in new clients from the general public, not having a good website is throwing away money.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ambit said:

I've never understood this. My grandfather was looking for a law firm to manage an estate issue. He rejected 3 because they had shitty websites (typos, broken links, etc.). If you take in new clients from the general public, not having a good website is throwing away money.

Depends on the market. My firm is fairly busy yet our most recent attempt at a website is still kind of lame. No one really has big or fancy sites in this jurisdiction. 

We do optimize SEO though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dim

My law-partner and I are just in the processing of taking-over and re-branding a small business law firm. We tried building a site ourselves and it's worked well as a placeholder, but, it's not a permanent solution. We really love what you've done and would be very appreciative if it's still available! Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LawTalkingGuy said:

@Dim

My law-partner and I are just in the processing of taking-over and re-branding a small business law firm. We tried building a site ourselves and it's worked well as a placeholder, but, it's not a permanent solution. We really love what you've done and would be very appreciative if it's still available! Thanks!

I liked your post simply because someone was offering something for free, and you were the first to say thanks...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, artsydork said:

Depends on the market. My firm is fairly busy yet our most recent attempt at a website is still kind of lame. No one really has big or fancy sites in this jurisdiction. 

We do optimize SEO though.

Big or fancy doesn't really matter. But filled with typos / not maintained is, imo, not exactly what you want to see from your lawyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, celli660 said:

I laugh at the idea of lawyers regularly updating websites when I can't convince my boss to even have a placeholder website.

Well, if your boss has the phone ringing off the hook without a website, that's great. For me, it was absolutely necessary to have a great website when I started out. Almost all of my builsiness came from google searches, so a great design and frequent updates were important. Even now that I work for a firm with plenty of business, we still find it a useful tool and having a great website is also important to maintain a professional image in this day and age. I wouldn't want a shitty firm website any more than a rundown reception area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of lawyers also discount the value of a website for not only getting people through the door but helping determine the kinds of clients that come through the door. Past clients are great word of mouth but they don't know all of your practice areas or what you will not do. It can also be a great way of educating clients before they come through the door so you can move straight to higher value advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am aware of one or two (ancient) solicitors in rural Ontario who do not even have internet capability at the office...

 

Edit: in retrospect, I believe they have internet, it's just that the lawyers themselves don't have computers.

Edited by Mountebank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, benjuryon said:

A lot of lawyers also discount the value of a website for not only getting people through the door but helping determine the kinds of clients that come through the door. Past clients are great word of mouth but they don't know all of your practice areas or what you will not do. It can also be a great way of educating clients before they come through the door so you can move straight to higher value advice.

Yes I agree. It is crazy not to have at least a somewhat professional/modern looking website in this day and age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 2:05 PM, LawTalkingGuy said:

@Dim

My law-partner and I are just in the processing of taking-over and re-branding a small business law firm. We tried building a site ourselves and it's worked well as a placeholder, but, it's not a permanent solution. We really love what you've done and would be very appreciative if it's still available! Thanks!

@LawTalkingGuy  @lawtalkinguy

Great! I sent you direct message. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone - since we haven't heard back from @LawTalkingGuy we are still looking for someone to take over this website. Please let us know if anyone is interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×