Hello,

I will be graduating the following this term. Have not take LSAT yet, however did very well on the passage based critical analysis and reading section of the MCAT, so there is the potential to do well. 
cGPA is quite low, at 2.96/4.3, most likely graduating between 3.0 - 3.1
While L2 so far is 3.55 with the potential to rise to 3.6
Maritime student
I understand that that GPA is useless, so I can either extend my degree and take another semester/year to increase the L2 Or graduate and take those classes outside of my degree.
My main concern is if dal even accepts credits outside of the degree.

Thank you.

Edit: ECs are mostly pre-med based. Alot of volunteer work at hospitals and research assistant in a study. Do these types of ECs matter?

Edited by Solomon29

8 minutes ago, Solomon29 said:

Hello,

I will be graduating the following this term. Have not take LSAT yet, however did very well on the passage based critical analysis and reading section of the MCAT, so there is the potential to do well. 
cGPA is quite low, at 2.96/4.3, most likely graduating between 3.0 - 3.1
While L2 so far is 3.55 with the potential to rise to 3.6
Maritime student
I understand that that GPA is useless, so I can either extend my degree and take another semester/year to increase the L2 Or graduate and take those classes outside of my degree.

Thank you.

Edit: ECs are mostly pre-med based. Alot of volunteer work at hospitals and research assistant in a study. Do these types of ECs matter?

I wouldn't extend your degree unless you were really interested in completing a specific program (ie finishing a double major in an area you may want to work in). If you are dead set on Law you'd probably be better served saving the time and money. A 3.5-3.6 L2 will certainly be competitive. Digging up what I've seen from previous accepted threads, Dalhousie appears to be one of the more forgiving schools in overlooking a poor CGPA.

I think you would be better served spending that time practicing for the LSAT. Improvement there will carry you a lot further than trying to polish up your GPA (and given your comments about the MCAT, improvement seems quite attainable).

What your ECs were based around is largely irrelevant. I'd say something specific like yours is more of a positive than a negative.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:44 PM, Solomon29 said:

I took a graduate course for fun after finishing with my undergraduate degree and asked admissions if they would include the mark and they did. So I believe they will accept credits outside your degree. I would call them to confirm.