Where do most 1Ls moving to Kamloops from another city live? 

I lived in res during my 1L year as did quite a few others.  I lived downtown the remaining 2 years which I really enjoyed.  You'll find the majority live in Lower Sahali, Upper Sahali, Aberdeen or downtown.  Quite a few choose the north side as well because it's often a lot cheaper.  Do your research before you choose the north side though.  If you have a car you can look into neighbourhoods that are a little further from the school such as Valleyview or Juniper.  

• Like 1

That’s really helpful thank you. Which building did you stay in when you were in res? 

A lot of law students live in the new res building. Also, the landmark condos across from campus are popular with law students. They just added one more building to this condo complex so there will likely be plenty of rentals there.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2018 at 2:25 PM, AWL said:

That’s really helpful thank you. Which building did you stay in when you were in res? 

I was in the new res building.  If you're going to do res, make sure you get the new res as the old one is absolutely disgusting.  

If you can afford the landmark condos across from campus, it's a great suggestion.  The condos in there are all fantastic and I had a few classmates who rented there (or bought), but it was far outside of my price range. 

• Like 1

I’ll check out the condos, although they may be out of my price range as well, thanks!

I am a 1L and live downtown (near the "Sagebrush Theatre"). 

I drive a car, and would NOT recommend living in this area of you don't have one. The buses have to change near the downtown core and you're commute could take 45 minutes.

Its nice to be close to downtown, but to be honest I don't find myself going out around there much. I'm from a large city and the nightlife in Kamloops is bleh. I am typically occupied in other ways (get togethers at friends houses etc). Thank goodness because the bars suck. 

New rez is good if you don't have a car since it's about a ten minute walk to the Old Main Building, although that's about the only perk of living there. It's overpriced for what it offers students, if I'm being honest. 

On 10/04/2018 at 8:04 PM, Lawren12 said:

HELP...I have a dog and am struggling to find anywhere to rent.

I'd definitely suggest posting this on the Facebook group for the class of 2021. There's about a dozen or so upper years that may have recommendations. Also a good place to find roommates. Just search TRU Faculty of Law - Class of 2021 and ask to join. Once you're on that page, you can then request to join the tru law black market page where apartments are often listed by current and outgoing students who would know if pets are allowed.