rwilli

Application process

I was hoping someone could help me clarify some things with the application process to TRU. I am applying from Ontario and completed the application on educationplannerbc. It did not ask for my transcripts and I was wondering how to send it to TRU / if I have to. 

Any advice would be very helpful!

2 minutes ago, soulmeetsbody12 said:

https://www.tru.ca/campus/admissions.html

It's at the bottom on the admissions page, you might have missed it...

Thank you! So it says to also submit high school transcripts. Just wanted to make sure that's true because no other universities have requested a high school transcript. 

Just an update - TRU staff sent me a response to my inquiry about my application and confirmed they have everything they need. Looks like they're slowly getting un-bogged =)

. . 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, soulmeetsbody12 said:

Just an update - TRU staff sent me a response to my inquiry about my application and confirmed they have everything they need. Looks like they're slowly getting un-bogged =)

. . 

I got the exact same thing too this morning! Compared to last year, it's really nice they are actually notifying us when files are complete.

47 minutes ago, Psychometronic said:

I also received an email today saying my file is complete. Looks like their cycle is pushed back a bit this year.

may I ask when you submitted your application? Just wondering how long I should expect it to take before I receive this email as well. 

33 minutes ago, lawlebron said:

may I ask when you submitted your application? Just wondering how long I should expect it to take before I receive this email as well. 

My online application was submitted around the time apps opened. I submitted my fall grades around the middle of December and wrote the December LSAT. I haven't emailed them asking about my status other than to let them know that my transcripts were on their way.

EDIT: One reference submitted in October and I don't know when the second submitted theirs (and had already pestered her enough to ask again - TRU told me they would notify me if anything was missing anyways).

Edited by Psychometronic

I still haven't heard a word back from them. I wonder if that's significant at all?

Edited by bonkers

@bonkers same here, since applying I have yet to receive a single correspondence aside from the automated "thanks for applying here's your receipt email."

:(

@LawbyI got an email from them saying to submit my updated transcript to include the grades from the semester that just passed. Asides from that, they said applicants would hear an update at the end of February/early March. 

• Like 1

same here...I applied mid January and about a week later got an email saying only my last reference letter was still outstanding and that once that was received I should expect to get an update early March.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 12:35 AM, ilikefrijoles said:

same here...I applied mid January and about a week later got an email saying only my last reference letter was still outstanding and that once that was received I should expect to get an update early March.

Well well, they just reached out and told me to expect an update in _late_ march.  You must have better stats than me, haha.

For those of us that received this update, how many of you were signed up for the February test? I'm wondering if that's primarily why they emailed us about a march update.