jplawx

Rejected from Western 2018

13 minutes ago, david2234 said:

Which category did you apply under? If you don't mind me asking.

General. 

Posted (edited)
On 05/04/2018 at 6:37 PM, Lawsandpaws said:

Rejected today..

GPA 3.21

LSAT 172

unfortunate, but glad to hear anything during these gruelling months of waiting. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! 

This makes me increasingly nervous. :blink:

Anything specific about your application that you thought was the reason why? I have a lower 2point lower LSAT but a 0.05 higher GPA btw. 

Edited by mazzystar

Posted (edited)

@mazzystar I assumed it was my gpa my first year dragged it down...my PS wasn’t tailored to western don’t know if that could’ve also been a factor? Extensive volunteer experience, ECs are okay but not impressive lol, great LORs one from a superior judge...but don’t be nervous it seems this whole admissions thing is all over the place haha. I wish you all the best I hope you hear some good news soon! Good luck :)

Edited by Lawsandpaws

On 4/5/2018 at 6:37 PM, Lawsandpaws said:

Rejected today..

GPA 3.21

LSAT 172

unfortunate, but glad to hear anything during these gruelling months of waiting. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! 

...how?

I have a low cGPA and a lower LSAT score and I got the deferred decision response.

30 minutes ago, EKarpinsky said:

...how?

I have a low cGPA and a lower LSAT score and I got the deferred decision response.

Admissions decisions aren't simply a calculator you put numbers in, there's plenty of plausible explanations here. PS/LoR, GPA and LSAT trends, etc.

• Like 1

Just got rejected. Stats are terrible but for the others here 

CPA designation  

mature student with 10 years experience in audit working for the federal government with pretty good EC’s. 

Did everyone get a letter for their rejection from the assistant dean as well?

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Rejected today. 

General Applicant 

150/155 LSAT 
CGPA: 3.56 L2 3.81
Great EC's and LORS 

Not surprised. 

Edited by jesshh

Rejected. No email but checked on online portal(big red x)

may the force be with all still waiting for offers!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Was just rejected off of the deferred decision today. 

CGPA 3.1, L2 3.4 LSAT 162

Edited by Brunsauce

On 4/28/2018 at 9:24 PM, jesshh said:

Rejected today. 

General Applicant 

150/155 LSAT 
CGPA: 3.56 L2 3.81
Great EC's and LORS 

Not surprised. 

Damn this makes me worry. I have:

CGPA: 3.91 L2: 3.90

Lackluster ECRS and LORS

Posted (edited)

Rejected a couple months ago - for the sake of having more complete data I'll include my stats here. 

GPA 3.9 and LSAT 155 

Outstanding extracurriculars, LORS and 2+ years of work experience in professional services - I was hoping the high profile corporate job would help my application but guess not. 

Edited by ChloeSilverado3

On 5/25/2018 at 1:17 PM, ChloeSilverado3 said:

Rejected a couple months ago - for the sake of having more complete data I'll include my stats here. 

GPA 3.9 and LSAT 155 

Outstanding extracurriculars, LORS and 2+ years of work experience in professional services - I was hoping the high profile corporate job would help my application but guess not. 

Damn sorry to hear. These are pretty much my stats. I'm thinking Western won't take anyone lower than 157. Are you gonna re-write the LSAT?

2 hours ago, thedraper said:

Damn sorry to hear. These are pretty much my stats. I'm thinking Western won't take anyone lower than 157. Are you gonna re-write the LSAT?

No, thankfully I've gotten into 5 other schools so far so I'm still happy with the other options I have! 

39 minutes ago, ChloeSilverado3 said:

No, thankfully I've gotten into 5 other schools so far so I'm still happy with the other options I have! 

Good to hear! Western's my top choice and if I can't get in I'll probably take a year off. Hoping for the best!

If you don't mind me asking, where else did you get in?

21 hours ago, thedraper said:

Good to hear! Western's my top choice and if I can't get in I'll probably take a year off. Hoping for the best!

If you don't mind me asking, where else did you get in?

Why not just go to another school and then transfer to Western instead of delaying another year? 

And not at all - Dalhousie, Ottawa, Alberta, Windsor and Calgary so far. Waiting on a few more still, including Queens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChloeSilverado3 said:

Why not just go to another school and then transfer to Western instead of delaying another year? 

And not at all - Dalhousie, Ottawa, Alberta, Windsor and Calgary so far. Waiting on a few more still, including Queens. 

Isn't transferring kind of a hassle? I'd consider going to Windsor, but I'd really love Western.