Just wondering if anyone on this forum knows the gpa and lsat average it takes to be accepted in this category 

I got in this year under ib&m. 157 LSAT, 3.4 gpa. They dont have an average cut off but I’d suggest still trying to be as close to the regular category averages as possible. 

Edited by ml992

1 hour ago, ml992 said:

I got in this year under ib&m. 157 LSAT, 3.4 gpa. They dont have an average cut off but I’d suggest still trying to be as close to the regular category averages as possible. 

Thanks for the answer, is that on the 4.33 gpa scale?

On 1/10/2018 at 7:46 PM, goat23 said:

Thanks for the answer, is that on the 4.33 gpa scale?

4.30 scale. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I had tons when I was applying and found it hard to find anyone who really knew anything about IB&M. 

11 hours ago, ml992 said:

4.30 scale. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I had tons when I was applying and found it hard to find anyone who really knew anything about IB&M. 

Sweet thank you, how was the process for you? Did you have to go to an interview? Were you accepted during the spring?

On 1/12/2018 at 11:28 AM, goat23 said:

Sweet thank you, how was the process for you? Did you have to go to an interview? Were you accepted during the spring?

I assume you are aware of the qualifications to be chosen under the category. If not I suggest you look into that asap to make sure you have a shot!

I found the process pretty simple. I can't really remember specifics about the application process, but I think you just indicate that you are applying under IB&M on your DalOnline application, but also remember to select the regular applicant section as well since you may just get accepted under that if you don't qualify for IB&M or whatever.  IB&M doesn't do rolling applications as they want to assess all the applicants before offering interviews, so don't stress about submitting your application super early.  IB&M considers your personal statement a lot more than the regular category so make sure you put a solid effort into making it good. 

I got my interview offer around the end of March, I believe they called me about it. I had the interview at the start of April, about a week after the call. The interview was pretty relaxed in my opinion, so if you do get an interview don't stress - it's nothing too crazy. I heard back about acceptance about a week after the interview. 

Not sure if you know this but if you get accepted under IB&M you have to do a pre-law course in May, as long as you are available to take it. It was an awesome course. I found it really helped ease my nerves about starting law as I felt I was already familiar with what was expected in terms of readings and stuff like that. You get to meet some of your profs and upper years, so starting in September you already have some familiar faces to talk to. I made a lot of my closest friends through IB&M. Its a super supportive program, all of the upper years are super nice and everyone helps each other as much as they can. If you do get in you'll love it. 

I have the lower end of the LSAT score (I wrote it twice and can't seem to quite get it) - I have an undergrad with a low GPA (I think C+ average) l, but i also went to College (Paralegal) and got a 4.3 GPA. I believe i have a strong personal statement and strong references,. I've applied to the IB&M Program, my question is what is too low of a LSAT score to apply? Or does it matter? I heard they put more weight on your personal statement, is that true?

Edited by tjk2018

I received a call for an interview on Monday or Tuesday I believe

On 2018-01-13 at 7:03 PM, ml992 said:

I assume you are aware of the qualifications to be chosen under the category. If not I suggest you look into that asap to make sure you have a shot!

I found the process pretty simple. I can't really remember specifics about the application process, but I think you just indicate that you are applying under IB&M on your DalOnline application, but also remember to select the regular applicant section as well since you may just get accepted under that if you don't qualify for IB&M or whatever.  IB&M doesn't do rolling applications as they want to assess all the applicants before offering interviews, so don't stress about submitting your application super early.  IB&M considers your personal statement a lot more than the regular category so make sure you put a solid effort into making it good. 

I got my interview offer around the end of March, I believe they called me about it. I had the interview at the start of April, about a week after the call. The interview was pretty relaxed in my opinion, so if you do get an interview don't stress - it's nothing too crazy. I heard back about acceptance about a week after the interview. 

Not sure if you know this but if you get accepted under IB&M you have to do a pre-law course in May, as long as you are available to take it. It was an awesome course. I found it really helped ease my nerves about starting law as I felt I was already familiar with what was expected in terms of readings and stuff like that. You get to meet some of your profs and upper years, so starting in September you already have some familiar faces to talk to. I made a lot of my closest friends through IB&M. Its a super supportive program, all of the upper years are super nice and everyone helps each other as much as they can. If you do get in you'll love it. 

Could you please specify some of the questions you were asked? I was just told to be aware of why I wrote in my person statement. 

Thank you

(Idk if this will apply here, but be aware that sometimes interviewees are asked to keep questions confidential. If it turns out you aren’t able to get specifics from anyone that may be why.)

Posted (edited)

I got a call for an interview to, i was advised they are basic questions, why i want to go to law school? What type of law am i interested in? A few basic ethical what would you do questions, and specific questions about my application and personal statement.

Edited by tjk2018

Does anyone know what building/ room the actual interviews will take place in? I have an interview later this week, and I have been trying to contact the IB & M office for almost a week now at 19024941639 but to no avail. Any information helps, thanks so much!

I just gave Michelle Williams a call and she told me that interviews are taking place in the Weldon Building (the law school) at 6061 University Ave, in the Deans Conference Room, right next to the elevator on the 2nd floor. There is a waiting area there and they usually put signs up in the building for events like this to show you where to go. Good luck!

14 hours ago, HighGPA said:

I'm assuming your a Nova Scotia resident?

Not sure if this is directed at me, but I am a Dal Law grad. Just thought I could help out since oohlalaw couldn't reach the IB&M office by phone.

1 hour ago, oohlalaw said:

thanks so much jlw2, I was able to find the room and everything. 

Great, I hope it went well!

On 1/10/2018 at 6:22 PM, ml992 said:

How did they contact you to let you know that you were accepted??