Watson75

Accepted to Alberta 2018

Accepted about a week ago.

LSAT: 154 Cgpa: 77% (UBC) and 3.01 (OLSAS calculated) due to a bad first year. L2: 88% and L3: 85% (UBC) Excellent EC's and work experience. I'm assuming references were strong.

I got the waitlist email a month ago, and haven't heard anything since.  I have:

L2 3.64

LSAT 158

I actually thought I would get in on the holistic review as I have an MBA, with 15 years+ of great and varied work experience.  I can't apply for any other law school as I am a single parent and can't move my son to another city.  I am starting to wonder if they actually see my age (early 40s) as a negative, even though they told me they don't consider age as a factor.  It's the end of June and I"m miserable.  Does anyone have any inside information on what my chances are?   Especially, has anyone been accepted with a GPA of 3.7 and 155/156 LSAT?  Then I would know I have a chance lol.

10 hours ago, Waterfall2021 said:

I got the waitlist email a month ago, and haven't heard anything since.  I have:

L2 3.64

LSAT 158

I actually thought I would get in on the holistic review as I have an MBA, with 15 years+ of great and varied work experience.  I can't apply for any other law school as I am a single parent and can't move my son to another city.  I am starting to wonder if they actually see my age (early 40s) as a negative, even though they told me they don't consider age as a factor.  It's the end of June and I"m miserable.  Does anyone have any inside information on what my chances are?   Especially, has anyone been accepted with a GPA of 3.7 and 155/156 LSAT?  Then I would know I have a chance lol.

Unfortunately no one is going to be able to give you much reliable information.  A lot will depend on your place on the waitlist and how much movement there might be this year.  I understand from other here that they are not providing waitlist candidates their ranking on the waitlist this year.  Last year, I believe only one person posted here that they were accepted off the waitlist.  That's not to say there were not others but they did not post here as I remember.   So that's all the negatives.

The positive is that there are people older than you who have been admitted in the past.  I do not think age is a factor at all.  Your last question is about anyone who has been admitted with similar stats.  The applicant profile would suggest a few have last year.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-u9luOkViBOYVM2bWFMcmJNcUpOZVBZY0lsTVpyOGRIaGFR/view

On 6/23/2018 at 7:04 PM, Waterfall2021 said:

L2 3.64

LSAT 158

A friend of mine served in the military and is in the near 40's so I don't believe age had a negative impact on your application. 

Praying for you boss. You seem like you can impart a lot of valuable information with all of that juicy industry knowledge to the youngins. 

Thanks! 

I just got a reply for the admission office today actually - I had emailed 2 weeks ago asking something about the holistic review process.  I was told today that I was not successful on the holistic review process and they were unable to give me any explanation as to why.  But wished me good luck on the wait list...  

My logical mind was so sure that if someone else was getting in with 1 more correct answer on the LSAT but no extra education or experience, then I was definitely getting in with my 1 less correct answer but my many years of relevant experience and education.  But I guess my logic isn't the same as their logic :(