Jump to content
student3416

Chances? 3.38/3.65/164

Recommended Posts

I am currently in my 4th year so this is the worst case scenario at the end of this semester, I may be slightly higher (around 3.39/3.68).

Applying to Western, Queens, Windsor, Ottawa, Osgoode, and Dalhousie.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LeoandCharlie said:

What is your OLSAS converted cGPA?

currently 3.33 but will be 3.38 minimum after this semester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, student3416 said:

currently 3.33 but will be 3.38 minimum after this semester.

I can't speak for Dal but for Ontario schools I think your chances are low. I think for Queen's you have a fairly good shot but that depends are what you B2 is. Similarly for Western if you have a really strong L2 I think you may have a shot there. For Osgoode it is pretty difficult to call but based on my own knowledge I think your chances are low (if you do get in it may be rather late in the cycle). For Ottawa I think your chances are fairly low since they appear to focus on cGPA. 

Please don't take these statements to be definitive claims...they are just my predictions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LeoandCharlie said:

I can't speak for Dal but for Ontario schools I think your chances are low. I think for Queen's you have a fairly good shot but that depends are what you B2 is. Similarly for Western if you have a really strong L2 I think you may have a shot there. For Osgoode it is pretty difficult to call but based on my own knowledge I think your chances are low (if you do get in it may be rather late in the cycle). For Ottawa I think your chances are fairly low since they appear to focus on cGPA. 

Please don't take these statements to be definitive claims...they are just my predictions. 

3.65 is the lowest my L2 will be (calculated using 3rd year and 1st semester of 4th year) this would also be my B2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no expertise but here's my take: based on what I've seen from others on this site and the predictor that is made by a user -- Ryn maybe, can't quite recall -- I would guess you probably have an above 65% chance at Western. For the rest I think the odds are lower, but definitely not out of the question. Queens you likely have a chance. Ottawa's super hard to predict it seems, but likes cGPA. I'm in 4th year too and have almost identical stats -- 3.36, 165 -- and am applying in this cycle, so have looked into it extensively! haha. From perusing accepted / rejected / waitlisted threads, people with our stats definitely get into the schools you've mentioned, but usually later in the cycle or via waitlist if they do make it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, NiceGuyTriesHard said:

I have no expertise but here's my take: based on what I've seen from others on this site and the predictor that is made by a user -- Ryn maybe, can't quite recall -- I would guess you probably have an above 65% chance at Western. For the rest I think the odds are lower, but definitely not out of the question. Queens you likely have a chance. Ottawa's super hard to predict it seems, but likes cGPA. I'm in 4th year too and have almost identical stats -- 3.36, 165 -- and am applying in this cycle, so have looked into it extensively! haha. From perusing accepted / rejected / waitlisted threads, people with our stats definitely get into the schools you've mentioned, but usually later in the cycle or via waitlist if they do make it. 

Just remember the calculator’s caveat though, it begins to go out the window with weird GPA/LSAT mixes, and the cutoff value becomes important. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

Just remember the calculator’s caveat though, it begins to go out the window with weird GPA/LSAT mixes, and the cutoff value becomes important. 

What does this mean for me then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, student3416 said:

What does this mean for me then?

(Keep in mind this is solely my interpretation of the given data, and is much less scientific than the model which is already imprecise. All generated with a 3.38/164)

From the estimators, I'd say Western is the only prediction I'd put faith in, with it's Likely, 89-93% chance (again, recall the caveat of weird GPA/LSAT mixes creating funky results). If Ottawa still cares much more about cGPA, it's not looking great. The Queen's estimate is a little too close to the cutoff for it so variances are beginning to balloon,  I'd say more likely than not, but not by a huge margin. I'd also agree with the model's prediction on Oz of not looking great.

Dal and Windsor don't have predictions from the model, and I don't know enough about either to say anything regarding either, so I won't.

Edited by RNGesus
Included inputs for replicability

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RNGesus said:

(Keep in mind this is solely my interpretation of the given data, and is much less scientific than the model which is already imprecise)

From the estimators, I'd say Western is the only prediction I'd put faith in, with it's Likely, 89-93% chance. If Ottawa still cares much more about cGPA, it's not looking great. The Queen's estimate is a little too close to the cutoff for it so variances are beginning to balloon, so I'd say more likely than not, but not by a huge margin. I'd also agree with the model's prediction on Oz of not looking great.

Dal and Windsor don't have predictions from the model, and I don't know enough about either to say anything regarding either, so I won't.

Agreed. But you never really know! The predictor has me at 40-47% for Oz and I got in today! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

(Keep in mind this is solely my interpretation of the given data, and is much less scientific than the model which is already imprecise. All generated with a 3.38/164)

From the estimators, I'd say Western is the only prediction I'd put faith in, with it's Likely, 89-93% chance (again, recall the caveat of weird GPA/LSAT mixes creating funky results). If Ottawa still cares much more about cGPA, it's not looking great. The Queen's estimate is a little too close to the cutoff for it so variances are beginning to balloon,  I'd say more likely than not, but not by a huge margin. I'd also agree with the model's prediction on Oz of not looking great.

Dal and Windsor don't have predictions from the model, and I don't know enough about either to say anything regarding either, so I won't.

Thanks! I guess it's Lucky that Queen's/Western are the ones I'm really hoping for. Osgoode is my reach school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Nabbo said:

Agreed. But you never really know! The predictor has me at 40-47% for Oz and I got in today! 

Meanwhile I'm sitting on a 73-80% and still waiting here (yeah I know it's been a whopping week, but it's the comparison to everyone else killing me). So yeah, the model is purely an indicator with questionable powers of prediction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

Meanwhile I'm sitting on a 73-80% and still waiting here (yeah I know it's been a whopping week, but it's the comparison to everyone else killing me). So yeah, the model is purely an indicator with questionable powers of prediction.

Yeah the waiting is excruciating. But I saw your stats and you should be getting an offer soon. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3.3/3.6/163 for the 2016 cycle. I got into Western, Queens, and Dal. 

 

Rejected from Oz and Ottawa. 

PM me if you have any questions. Good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Radche said:

3.3/3.6/163 for the 2016 cycle. I got into Western, Queens, and Dal. 

 

Rejected from Oz and Ottawa. 

PM me if you have any questions. Good luck! 

I have almost the exact stats as you. When did you hear back from Westerns and Queens? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Recent Posts

    • Administrative bodies don't get as much deference on Charter issues. And again, the issue, as Rowe pointed out and as I said in the other thread, is not what the religious organization believes, but whether they even have a right under freedom of religion to ask other people to sign the covenant, and he says they don't have that right. That's not failing to defer to a religious organization, it's delineating the scope or sphere within which they may operate according to their beliefs. 
    • Hi everyone, I've been absorbing all the information this forum could provide me and one thing is for certain, U of T is a longshot. With that being said, there is still a part of me that is hoping it could work out somehow but I wanted to get opinions from people who have already applied and heard back or have been a part of admission committee's for graduate schools.   Basically, my GPA is trash. I can probably work super hard this year and get it a little higher than a 3.0, but that's it. I know U of T looks at all four years and does not really consider anyone who's GPA is below something like a 3.7. But with that being said, I have amazing practical experience. I've interned at UN HQ in NY, worked at the Dep. of Justice etc. In addition, my LSAT score is in the 160's. I really am a good student, but because of family problems these past two years, my focus was not on my education.   What do you guys think? If not U of T, what other Law School's would you recommend I go for? Because of said family problems, I am absolutely committed to becoming a lawyer and learning the law. However, I need to find a school that'll give me the chance to do that!   Thanks!  
    • It was written in haste , hence the writing style.    Thanks for the suggestions everyone
    •   If this is representative of your writing style, you should probably work on making it more readable (eg more pronouns and punctuation, fewer run-on sentences) before the writing sample, and certainly before law school starts.   If you're not responding well to your tutor, you can always change. But 9am isn't an unreasonably early start, and homework is a way to do better in the sessions you're paying for.
    • That was really hard to read. I'm pretty unsure of what is going on but if you don't like your tutor, just switch. Your not going to benefit much if you're not happy with his style of tutoring.  But honestly, just to be blunt, being able to be somewhere by 9am isn't something you should have to work on. 
×