Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I sent my transcript to UDM but not yet to LSAC.  Did you guys make that request through CAS?
    • Not directly related to law school ranking, but a healthy reminded that the success of a school's graduates isn't necessarily a measure of school quality. NYC has elite high schools whose graduates overwhelmingly place at Ivy League (or equivalent) universities.  Signs that they're good schools right?  Hmm, not so much, according to the Brookings Institute:  https://www.brookings.edu/research/evidence-on-new-york-city-and-boston-exam-schools/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=es Their research suggests that students who are "just" admitted to those schools don't do any better than students who "just" miss the admissions cut-off (i.e., functionally identical students who differ only in the schools they attend).  In other words, where kids go to school has no impact on whether they attend ivy league schools, suggesting that the "quality" impact of the elite schools are overrated.  They found similar results for schools in Boston too.  If elite schools place better than non-elite schools, the data suggests its because they admit elite students, not that they're better schools.   Something to keep in mind while ranking law schools.  
    • Did you apply for first year JD? I am confused how you would have been able to apply past the November 1st deadline. Are you a transfer student?