Boabdil

OLSAS GPA Calculated and Posted on OUAC

Hi everyone, the OLSAS calculated GPA has been posted on OUAC, today. Best wishes with this application session. It is available under the track documents section. It does not show best three or last two calculations, only the cGPA calculation per OLSAS' calculator. 

Best wishes for the application cycle. 

Boabdil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Boabdil said:

Hi everyone, the OLSAS calculated GPA has been posted on OUAC, today. Best wishes with this application session. It is available under the track documents section. It does not show best three or last two calculations, only the cGPA calculation per OLSAS' calculator. 

Best wishes for the application cycle. 

Boabdil

Cheers! I assume they'll update it when Fall marks come in? Should bump me up 0.05!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nabbo said:

Cheers! I assume they'll update it when Fall marks come in? Should bump me up 0.05!

You must submit your fall transcripts when all your fall semester's grades are in. The GPA will update shortly after OLSAS receives the transcript. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PerniciousLaw said:

You must submit your fall transcripts when all your fall semester's grades are in. The GPA will update shortly after OLSAS receives the transcript. 

Is this done by simply requesting your transcript again?

Just now, Jayhawk34 said:

Is this done by simply requesting your transcript again?

Yes. Request to submit your fall transcript the same way you requested to have your transcript submitted when you initially applied. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PerniciousLaw said:

Yes. Request to submit your fall transcript the same way you requested to have your transcript submitted when you initially applied. 

And lemme guess, another $12 to the school?

Just now, RNGesus said:

Haha - that I cannot comment on. My undergrad was one of the few for which OLSAS did not make us pay to have our transcripts submitted. But for the other schools, I would imagine you have to pay again, yes. 

51 minutes ago, PerniciousLaw said:

Awesome. Thanks. I already did the transcript requests for current grades,  "after fall" and "after winter" so I don't have to worry about ordering them again 

39 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

Yes. I did all 3 transcript requests at once (see my post above) and it charged me $12 per. 

If I were to (hypothetically) firm accept an offer right now, would I still need to send in transcripts?

If I were to (hypothetically) firm accept an offer right now, would I still need to send in transcripts?

Check with the school. Years ago, when I accepted U of T early in the cycle, I still had to send a fall transcript, then, of course, a final one at the end of the year.

17 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

Yeah

Y'know, because your schools aren't done taking that ~30K from you to begin with, they're gonna continue charging you for the privilege of telling others about it...

Has anyone ever had OLSAS miscalculate their cGPA for a certain year? I ran the conversion with the OLSAS chart and calculation multiple times and it seems pretty off - just for the one year though (everything else is exact). I've already emailed them, but I'm wondering if this is an automated process (less likelihood for errors) or if there is some poor soul that has to review them that may have just missed a few grades?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbo said:

Yep! :)

As others have noted, once they receive your updated transcript, they will. 

Edited by Boabdil

2 hours ago, pascal said:

Has anyone ever had OLSAS miscalculate their cGPA for a certain year? I ran the conversion with the OLSAS chart and calculation multiple times and it seems pretty off - just for the one year though (everything else is exact). I've already emailed them, but I'm wondering if this is an automated process (less likelihood for errors) or if there is some poor soul that has to review them that may have just missed a few grades?

Did OLSAS calculate a GPA for each year for you? I only show an “Overall GPA”.

23 minutes ago, randominternetperson said:

Only overall for me as well.

34 minutes ago, randominternetperson said:

Yes! Under Academic Background -> View and then at the bottom there's a table of "GPA Summary" that includes a line entry for each year of school.With various Duration F/S (maybe full/summer) and scale (3/7 - possibly OLSAS conversion scale) codes. Then it shows the overall GPA calculation.

Edited by pascal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2